We’re looking for energetic individuals who are passionate about building internal applications that will have a positive impact on the way we work. You’ll work on a team that provides many services to our internal customers and stakeholders that enable them to bring world-class cybersecurity and privacy tools to millions of customers worldwide.
This role will give you the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, including building APIs, add-ons for existing SaaS tools, and custom tools and web UIs to support those tools. If you’re passionate about problem-solving, learning, and playing with new technologies, you’ll fit right in!
Please also read our general information about Engineering at ExpressVPN.
You’ll be responsible for
- Building modern web applications with intuitive and useful interfaces through structured, testable, and maintainable code.
- Solving customer challenges for internal stakeholders by collaborating with product managers, stakeholders, and your talented and tight-knit engineering team.
- Incorporating DevOps practices in your day-to-day work by ensuring continuous integration and continuous delivery for all your projects.
- Working closely with the rest of the team to define the product vision, review specs, and make architecture decisions.
- Contributing as a member of a Scrum team by contributing through consistent development practices (code reviews, documentation, and tools).
To succeed in this role, we’d love for you to have experience in some or all of the following
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Experience using Git for version control
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming & Test Driven Development concepts
- Experience with creating robust APIs
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases, query optimisation, and designing schema
Nice skills to have, but not required
- Experience with MVC frameworks like Django or Ruby on Rails
- Experience with languages such as Python, Ruby or Golang
- Experience with DevOps practices for CI/CD
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruits and snacks
- Multicultural teams represented by 20+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.
At the moment, we do not sponsor visas in the UK and the EU. For Hong Kong, we require at least two years of working experience and a university degree in a related field. For Singapore, we can only sponsor visas for mid-career or above.