Senior Quality Engineer / Sr. SDET (office HK /SG only).
We are looking for an experienced “Quality Champion” to be part of a great team of engineers who build future VPN products for millions of users around the world. You come with several years of experience, where you have been responsible for the quality of releases of multiple software products in a dynamic, fast environment.
You will have the chance to influence the products we build and make them the ‘best in class. With your help, we will be able to stay at the top of our game.
Why engineers love working at ExpressVPN
- We embrace technology: We work on the latest technologies and with some of the most brilliant minds in the field.
- We test heavily: We don't leave things to luck. We test our products to ensure quality delivery.
- We do shift-left testing: We provide a test plan as soon as the sprint begins to develop tests first (TDD), so we can find bugs early in the process.
- We run fast: Tests should provide meaningful feedback in a short amount of time and be stable at all times.
What you’ll do
- Review user stories and requirements to create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test cases and decide upon which level it will be tested early in the sprint.
- Do impact analysis to understand risks and how to mitigate them.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate quality testing activities in and out of the scrum.
- Identify, document, and track bugs.
- Develop automated tests in all needed levels (unit/integration and E2E) and apply testing processes to improve quality and velocity in the team.
- Find the toughest bugs through exploratory testing.
- Track quality and velocity metrics. Be the “Quality Champion” in the team.
- Contribute to the automation coverage of the system.
- Quality: Drive escaping defects down by defining the relevant testing
- Lead time: Find bugs early in the process by shifting testing left.
- Coverage: Define, track, and increase our testing coverage.
- Escape defects: Understand where we fail and improve our testing to catch it next time.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Education and Experience:
- Computer science degree or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a Quality Engineer / Senior Quality Engineer / Software Developer engineering in test
- Technical Skills:
- Release automation: extensive experience with Ansible or similar tools for automated Infrastructure Management, etc.
- Good understanding of Linux environment and command-line including Linux-based Networking skills - a must.
- Good Networking knowledge of internet protocols, and a solid grasp of virtual private networks.
- Ability to read packets and use TCP dump, Wireshark, or similar tools.
- Strong coding skills with one or more programming languages, ideally Python (this is what we use) - must.
- Experience in containerization concepts and hands-on experience with Docker.
- Quality Assurance and Soft Skills
- Understanding of Unit Testing, Integration, and e2e tests (and when to apply them).
- Experience writing test plans and test cases.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative and innovative mindset.
Nice skills to have
- Experience with TDD and BDD.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- A financially successful and profitable company
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.