Senior Quality Engineer / Sr. Software Developer Engineer in Test (Remote)
Who we are
We’re a global consumer tech company and an industry leader in cybersecurity. Millions of people around the world use our internet privacy and security products every day—we’re profitable and growing. Come and work with incredible people: Our teams are diverse, brilliant, friendly, and always eager to share ideas. As a company that thrives on a culture of feedback and collaboration, you’ll learn from work-class talent across 30+ nationalities. We take pride in individual excellence; we give you the room and resources to grow so you can excel.
For this role, we are looking for a “Quality Champion” to be part of a great team of engineers who build the next future products for millions of users around the world. You will be responsible for the quality of our releases in a dynamic, fast environment.
You will have the chance to influence the products we build and make them the ‘best in class. With your help, we will be able to stay at the top of our game. You come with vast experience as a software developer engineer in tests, working in a fast-paced environment, closely working with developers to evaluate their tests, suggesting improvements, and being able to implement automation tests in different levels and or create tools for testing.
Why engineers love working at ExpressVPN
- We embrace technology: We work on the latest technologies and with some of the most brilliant minds in the field.
- We test heavily: We don't leave things to luck. We test our products to ensure quality delivery.
- We do shift-left testing: We provide a test plan as soon as the sprint begins to develop tests first (TDD), so we can find bugs early in the process.
- We run fast: Tests should provide meaningful feedback in a short amount of time and be stable at all times.
What you’ll do
- Review user stories and requirements to create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test cases, and decide where it will be tested early in the sprint
- Run impact analysis to understand risks and how to mitigate them
- Contribute to the automation coverage of the product and build tools for testing
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate quality testing activities in and out of the scrum
- Identify, document, and track bugs
- Find the toughest bugs through exploratory testing. We often have bugs that are non-trivial to reproduce because they depend heavily on the environment. By finding them and making them reproducible, we empower developers to fix them. We’re keen to find talent that’s especially adept at finding these hidden bugs.
- Develop and apply testing processes to improve quality and velocity in the team
- Track quality and velocity metrics: Be the “Quality Champion” in the scrum.
Your success metrics
- Quality: Drive escaping defects down by defining the relevant testing
- Lead time: Find bugs early in the process by shifting testing left
- Coverage: Define, track, and increase our testing coverage
- Escape defects: Understand where we fail and improve our testing to catch it next time
What you’ll need to succeed
- Computer science degree or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a Software developer engineer in test/ Quality Engineer
- Cybersecurity mindset
- Experience working with API mocking tools
- Experience with at least one programming language (you should be able to automate or create tools for testing)
- Experience working as SDET/Quality engineer in a TDD environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Experience as a Scrum Master
- Knowledge in networking and network security protocols
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
- Working with talented brilliant individuals from various domains (Engineering, product, design, etc.)
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.