Lifecycle Marketing; - if you know, you know. It’s the area of marketing that touches every aspect of the customer’s journey. It’s a role that combines commercial goals, with data, code, and creativity, to deliver a consistent user experience across their inboxes, apps, and devices.
An international SaaS company and leader in the cybersecurity industry, ExpressVPN is one of the world’s fastest-growing privacy apps. We’re acquiring millions of new customers each year, but new customers are only one component of our revenue. The true magic is what happens after we acquire them—and that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a lifecycle marketer who is keen to lead our lifecycle marketing efforts and take our customer journeys to the next level.
As an experienced B2C lifecycle marketer within the tech space, you’ll be comfortable with taking on whatever's needed to bring your vision to life. This will include outlining your team goals, outlining any new tooling needs, and of course, building your hiring plan.
You’ll utilize your experience and knowledge of marketing and CRM technologies to work closely with the tech teams and product manager to enable them to bring your marketing automation needs to life.
You’ll establish a team that’s committed to delivering holistic customer communications across email, apps, and platforms to millions of customers globally. You’ll be supported by a world-class team of product managers, engineers, copywriters, designers, and product marketers to realize your goals.
What you’ll do
This is a newly created position reporting to the Director of Product Marketing & Growth. You’ll join our company with a runway to establish yourself as a functional leader within our marketing department.
In this position you will:
- Establish the lifecycle marketing team by building the structures, process, and plans
- Partner with product management and the engineering team to develop a best-in-class CRM system including the right technology, tools and processes. This includes supporting the product definition and development of the suite of tools to help you deliver business impact.
- Grow your team by leading the hiring efforts for lifecycle marketers
- Hold formal people-management responsibilities, including role scope and responsibilities, project management, coaching, and performance appraisals
- Work closely with data teams to define measurement frameworks, testing designs, planning, and analysis needs to enhance our current customer communication campaigns and generate incremental subscriptions or increase our customer lifetime value
- Manage end-to-end development and execution of customer messaging campaigns across all channels and all geographies
- Create detailed customer journey flows with both transactional and marketing touchpoints, and identify actionable trigger points to improve conversion or retention metrics
- Establish close working relationships with our content and creative teams to develop world-class lifecycle marketing campaigns that drive business impact
What you’ll need to succeed
Who are we looking for?
As someone with a track record in lifecycle marketing within the tech space, you’ll be familiar with what it takes to run world-class lifecycle marketing efforts across email, apps, and platforms. You have a vision for how you could do this for our business, you know what it takes to deliver your vision from the ground up, and you’re comfortable with getting your hands a little dirty in the process while you get things moving.
You’re a team player, comfortable shifting from thinking strategically to executing tactically. You’re able to do what needs to be done to deliver the results, and are comfortable getting into the details to do so. Most importantly, you’re someone who wants to learn and grow as a lifecycle marketing leader and you’re keen to make your mark within the business.
Some of the specifics that we’re looking for are:
- 5-10 years lifecycle marketing experience in B2C lifecycle marketing within the tech space, preferably within B2C SaaS/subscriptions
- Technical understanding of marketing and analytics technologies, and some experience with implementing them
- Familiarity and passion for data-driven lifecycle marketing, customer marketing, and retention and testing frameworks
- Proven ability to collaborate strongly, develop deep relationships with colleagues, and influence functional teams to deliver on goals
- Some experience in people management as a manager or leader of a cross-functional team
- A track-record of proven results through the testing and deploying of multi-channel (emails, apps, and platforms) campaigns to drive revenue and engagement objectives
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills, with the ability to balance rigorous attention to details with swift execution
- Proactive, resourceful, intellectually curious, and driven. You’re a scrappy self-starter with a passion for learning and improving yourself.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit, and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.