Location: Hong Kong or Singapore
About this role
ExpressVPN is a fast-rising thought leader in online privacy and security in English language media, particularly in the U.S. We’re looking for a talented, driven communications professional to build a team to make our mark in APAC as well.
This is a newly created position, which will report directly to our Global Group Manager of Communications based in Singapore. You’ll join our growing communications team and help build our regional PR capabilities in APAC, building our presence in Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
- Develop and execute communications strategies and programs for APAC that deliver brand and business value. Collaborate within the global communications team; cross-functionally with marketing, SEO, product, and other teams; and with senior leadership to shape strategy and craft compelling messaging and initiatives.
- Manage agencies in key markets such as Australia.
- Deliver a steady drumbeat of quality coverage, building ExpressVPN’s brand awareness and thought leadership.
- Creatively translate ExpressVPN’s leading technology and the complex issues it addresses into compelling, impactful stories for a wide range of audiences.
- Leverage your existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within general, tech, and other media to tell our stories.
- Creatively identify opportunities for us to inject our voice and perspective.
- Source, analyze, and package data to fuel coverage.
- 4+ years’ experience working in public relations and/or media relations, preferably across multiple APAC markets.
- Exceptional English writing and editing skills.
- Experience leading (ideally geographically distributed) teams, including managing and coaching direct reports.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Self-driven with strong attention to detail with a passion for strategic communications and public relations.
- High EQ. Get people excited about working with you and about our company/ industry.
Nice skills to have, but not required (if any)
- Experience in consumer tech communications.
- Experience building teams, including developing hiring plans and overseeing recruiting.
- Proficiency in an additional Asian language (e.g. Korean, Japanese) an advantage.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Financially successful and profitable company
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.