About this role
Since 2009, our company’s mission has been to build a safer digital world through an industry-leading combination of hardware, software, and human ingenuity. We already reach millions of users around the world with our consumer SaaS marketing technology, and as we rapidly scale, we are looking for a VP of Engineering Marketing Platforms to further elevate our user-end-facing products. You build out engineering teams to design, develop, and operate tools for functionality, we’ll provide the financial support to hire great people, along with the offices and culture to retain them.
Based in one of our global hubs (including London, Singapore, or Hong Kong) and reporting directly to the company co-founder, you have demonstrable experience getting hundreds (or even thousands) of engineers to work together to put a product to market.
Our Marketing Platforms team builds products to service everyone from other engineers, to Customer Support agents, to Data Team analysts. They are also essential to ensuring our end-user-facing products can acquire, retain, and regain customers, as well as efficiently and securely collect payments. And they are vital to providing tools to ensure effective communication with our customers across all apps and media.
As a VP, you know how to think, problem solve, and stitch together systems. You are passionate about guiding the skill development of other engineers. You needn’t be the best engineer yourself—in fact, it’s great if you’re a generalist who’s touched lots of different tech over the course of your career—but you should be an outstanding manager who is excited to make a global impact.
We are accountable for:
- The quality of the tech, products and services that we build and operate.
- The velocity of delivering projects contributing to the accomplishment of business objectives. Those are typically owned by product managers and expressed as OKRs.
- Satisfaction of our internal customers
- Compliance with our brand guidelines
- Operating within acceptable risk levels
- Operating within budget
The engineers in this org tend to be on teams that build solutions for:
- Other engineers in our product units. We provide them with services for user accounting, authentication, and authorization.
- Marketing and sales functions. We provide them with:
- Functionality in our end-user-facing products and services to acquire, retain, and regain customers and collect payments.
- Tools and services for customer relationship management, enabling marketers to communicate with customers across all apps and media.
- Tools and services for content management for our website and other media.
- Sales attribution tools and services.
- Customer support agents. We provide them with tools for interacting with our customer database (aka our “Backend UI”)
- Data analysts. They rely on us for appropriately anonymized data.
Vision, leadership and a love for learning are all vital to succeeding in this role. You won’t write (or even teach) code yourself, but have a knack for hiring and managing people to put them in the right positions to succeed. You are adept at communicating across teams (including non-engineers), and are comfortable navigating an organization with lots of people.
Nice skills to have, but not required (if any)
- Leading large teams working on Web UI Development, Market Attribution, or Customer Engagement Tech
- 24/7/365 threat monitoring
- Automated test coverage
- Microservices architecture
- Agile coaching or scaling
- Scaled scrum
- Developing cloud-operated software
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices in Hong Kong and Singapore
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.