We’re looking for a motivated individual to be part of our highly skilled international team of frontend engineers. We’re passionate about the work that we do and pride ourselves on being great to work with. We can’t wait for you to join us!
We’re a fast-growing SAAS tech company providing privacy and security protections to consumers around the world. We build and operate services that are easy to use, fast, and secure. We've been in business for more than 11 years, we’re highly profitable, growing, and actively hiring.
- Large customer base worldwide, which brings many challenges and opportunities. We have millions of users who rely on our service 24/7/365 for a broad range of use-cases. Excellence in operations is therefore core to our business.
- Successful business in a fast-growing industry. We are a leader in a fragmented market and are growing quickly both because the industry is expanding and because we are gaining market share. We have sufficient financial resources to tackle large challenges for the long term.
- Highly skilled team using efficient processes.
- Meritocratic culture with fast decision-making.
About the Frontend Chapter
Our frontend engineers are committed to developing responsive, accessible, performant, and beautiful UI’s for our customer-facing websites. We largely serve the marketing department: a group of 100+ marketing professionals in disciplines such as SEO, Affiliate Marketing, PPC, TV and Radio.
We are accountable for delivering:
- Excellent user interfaces and experiences for our websites, microsites, and blogs that convert and retain customers.
- Well-maintained component library and brand guidelines website to ensure consistent UI across all websites and a positive brand experience.
- A/B tests that drive sales and revenue.
- Implementation of winning A/B test results for web pages and emails to increase customer conversion rates.
- Web pages with excellent page performance so our pages perform better than any competitors.
- Beautiful customer experiences, in part by squashing UI bugs caused by browser compatibility issues or client/server-side logic.
Other notes about our chapter:
Responsibilities of this position
- Be a people leader for members of the team. You will hire, train, grow, motivate, assign responsibilities, and hold people accountable. You will compare actual versus expected deliverables at high frequencies, conduct reviews, and ensure that service needs are met within the marketing department.
- Create and streamline team processes. Document them, measure their metrics, and improve upon them. Identify blockers within the team and generate solutions to solve these problems.
- Be able to lead by example. This means you should be able to perform many of the duties of your team members and be the go-to expert. Set and improve the standard of engineering quality of the team through feedback, documentation, and education.
- Help create the hiring plan for your team world-wide, design plans for assessing candidates, work with our recruiting team to source and test candidates, hire and onboard new staff.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience with leading developers or projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop a team including hiring, coaching, and mentoring of team members
- Experience in agile development practices and working cross-functionally
- Focus, speed, and respect for deadlines
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Some experience with full-stack technology
- Great code quality and attention to detail
- Ability to pick up new skills and proactive attitude towards learning
- Ability to collaborate well with designers
- Worked across multiple project types and frameworks
- Thorough understanding of web performance and optimization techniques
- Extensive cross-browser knowledge
- Substantial experience using Git for version control
- Comfortable working in terminal or from the command line
Nice-to-have skills, but not required
- Experience working with static site generation tools (e.g., Hugo or Gatsby)
- Understanding of OOP & async concepts
- Deep knowledge of best front-end accessibility practices and security practices
- Experience setting up A/B tests with tools such as Google Optimize
- Experience successfully implementing event tracking with Google Analytics
- Keen to practice test-driven development (TDD)
- Experience building HTML emails
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.