Location : Singapore or Hong Kong
We're looking for a Lead for our Ops Test Engineering team!
We’re forming a talented team of network test engineers to test our services in production environments and help us track down production bugs and anomalies. Are you ready to build and lead that team?
Unlike running a service in a controlled enterprise environment, our service runs on the wide open Internet, or on customer devices that we don’t control. That creates the potential for many variances in the way our customers experience our service, both good and bad. Your job will be to develop ways that we can detect, test, analyze, and pinpoint potential production issues with the quality and effectiveness of our service.
Your team will take information from many sources, use that data to pinpoint possible problems, and hunt for ways to isolate and reproduce those bugs. Our service is multi-faceted and complex, which makes this an opportunity to constantly work on evolving technologies and interesting problems. If that sounds cool, don’t wait— apply today!
Operations Test & Evaluation Lead
As a Lead of our Operations Test & Evaluation team, you will be responsible for:
- Managing a group of 4-6 test engineers with backgrounds in networking, linux, and quality assurance engineering. You’ll be accountable for their velocity and quality, and will provide valuable management and mentoring.
- Supporting your team in providing test engineering services such as determining the effectiveness and performance of operational capabilities that have been delivered to production for services such as streaming, VPN privacy, VPN speed, geo-unblocking, and more.
- Leading project teams to execute specific tests related to operational changes or deployments.
- Generating presentations and reports that provide valuable insights to the rest of the business.
- Mentoring, teaching, and coaching test engineers on your team to ensure they have the right tools and knowledge.
- Being the resident expert for creating and operating our testing infrastructure, methods, and tooling.
- Advocating and offering test engineering services to internal customers—like development teams—to validate their engineering hypotheses and support engineering tests.
- Scoping and defining the questions to be answered through testing and evaluations with the operation owner.
- Operating testing suites and tooling that delivers repeatable results and tuning those tools to ensure high-quality output and results.
- Seeking input from other operational teams that discover service anomalies and issues, then support recreating those customer environments to recreate or test our services in support of root cause analysis or fix validation.
- Designing test strategies and methodologies that provide insightful results for the questions we’re trying to answer.
To succeed in this role, we’d love for you to have experience in some or all of the following:
- You’ve managed a team of at least two to three people with a responsibility for things like performance reviews, 1:1s, mentoring, career plans, etc.
- A technical background in one or more of the following areas:
- IT Systems Administration
- Linux Administration/Operations
- Network administration/Engineering
- Quality Assurance
- Advanced-to-Expert-level knowledge of:
- Testing methodologies & processes
- Analyzing test results and providing insights
- Reporting and data organization
- OSI model
- Network/System protocols
- Desktops/Endpoint computing
- An understanding of data flows and technical process touchpoints
- Understanding how data flows through various systems such as networking equipment, servers, etc
- An aptitude for metrics and reports
- Strong analytical skills
- Documenting processes and following procedures
- Good verbal communication in English
- Strong English writing/documentation skills
Any additional experience in one of these areas will be useful (All positions)
- Experience with VPNs, streaming services, anonymous proxies, or similar technologies
- Python or similar scripting language
- IPs and geo-location knowledge
What We Offer
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.