ExpressVPN is looking for an experienced “Quality Champion” to join our global Quality engineering organization. In this role you will be focused on our ExpressVPN router product. This is a unique solution designed to help the customer be protected 24/7 on all the devices they have without any connection limitation. It’s a complex and interesting mixture of testing hardware-software solutions. We test heavily, fast, and in complex environments using shift-left testing. You'll help us deliver our product of the highest performance to our customers who love, trust, and use every day.
With your help, we will be able to stay at the top of our game. You will bring several years of valuable experience and will have been responsible for the quality of releases of multiple software products in a dynamic, fast environment.
Why engineers love working at ExpressVPN
- We embrace technology: We work on the latest technologies and with some of the most brilliant minds in the field.
- We test heavily: We don't leave things to luck. We test our products to ensure quality delivery.
- We do shift-left testing: We provide a test plan as soon as the sprint begins to develop tests first (TDD), so we can find bugs early in the process.
- We run fast: Tests should provide meaningful feedback in a short amount of time and be stable at all times.
What you’ll do
- Ensure the quality of our products by expanding our test coverage.
- Write thorough test plans/cases based on user stories and requirements shift left is our main motto
- Plan Quality activities in the scrum.
- Conduct impact analysis to understand and mitigate risks.
- Find, record, and track bugs.
- Conduct manual and exploratory testing to hunt down hard-to-find bugs.
- Reduce our defect-escape rate.
- Design test processes to help the team improve their velocity and the quality of their work.
- Evangelize quality assurance throughout the organization.
What you should have
- 3+ years of experience as a Quality Engineer creating test plans
- CS degree or similar experience
- Experience with automation using Jenkins
- Experience using WebDriver test automation frameworks and at least one framework built on top of that (e.g. WebdriverIO)
- Experienced in testing REST API's
- Basic knowledge of Linux commands
- Basic networking experience (you understand subnets, port forwarding, DNS resolving, ssh tunneling, how a router works, and what it can do)
- Experienced with Cucumber or some other BDD tool
- Outstanding problem-solving skills: You have an analytical mind, think outside the box, and hate to leave problems unsolved
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You've been a scrum master before
- You have experience with API mocking tools and/or networking and network security protocols
What the experts are saying:
“Based on our tests, ExpressVPN’s router offers fast speed and reliable connection. The router app has a clean interface and it’s very easy to install and use.” - vpndata.com
"Among our top-rated VPNs, ExpressVPN offers the best balance of hardware and virtual servers in most countries" - pcmag.com
"ExpressVPN is still one of the fastest and most impressive VPNs I’ve tested. And I’ve tested a lot of VPNs." - vpnmentor.com
"Based on my tests, I’ve determined that ExpressVPN is still the best in July 2021 due to its fast speeds, powerful security, and reliable network of servers." -wizcase.com