Location: Hong Kong, Singapore or Remote (+/- 4 hours from Hong Kong)
We’re at the forefront of the world’s streaming trend and our fast-growing team is looking for an outstanding and experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to help us deliver high-quality, uninterrupted service to our customers at all times.
If you are…
- A great collaborator
- A problem solver
- A fast learner
- Curious, especially when it comes to technology
- At home in a fast-paced environment
And you have experience with some or all of the following…
- Building and operating simple, reliable, distributed solutions
- Linux Systems Administration and Troubleshooting
- Network, Firewall and load balancing technologies
- Debugging and troubleshooting of networks using tools such as tcpdump
- Automating solutions to complex problems
- Scripting in any server-side language such as python
...Then we would love to talk to you!
About the role
We build the technology and systems that empower millions of users to access their desired streaming services worldwide, with excellent video and audio quality from a broad range of devices. Our team consists primarily of DevOps and System engineers and is responsible for architecting and implementing solutions to support both new and existing streaming services at excellent service quality. Our service operates on hundreds of bare metal servers, constantly moving 100s of gbps of traffic around the globe.
Our success metrics include:
- Customer satisfaction
- Measures of uptime, including service quality
- Incident volumes and resolution times
- Measures of risk, especially related to security and privacy
- Review existing technologies and drive adoption of new technologies that will reduce overhead and/or improve service quality.
- Contribute to team annual and quarterly OKRs and consistently measure and update the progress toward those objectives.
- Build and operate our globally-distributed Linux routing infrastructure.
- Work with external data centers and network providers to ensure the quality and uptime of our services.
- Define quality of service metrics and build dashboards to track and alert off them.
- Work closely with the rest of the team to define the product vision, review specs, and make architecture decisions.
- Build maintainable and simple solutions. Ensure that our Operations teams are able to effectively provide 24-hour coverage for the systems that your team builds.
- Stay up to date on current and emerging technologies in related fields, attend relevant conferences, and share learning materials with the team.
What we can offer you
- Challenging work at a financially successful and profitable company
- A fun and collaborative work environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours and work-from-home opportunities
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams comprising 30+ nationalities
Note: please do not include any salary information and submit your resume in PDF format.