Location: London, UK
We envision a digital world that’s private and secure. Our industry-leading cybersecurity products empower millions of individuals to take control of their privacy and security online.
Our SaaS business is very successful. We’ve been at this for over a decade, and we’re still growing fast in a rapidly expanding industry. We have the resources to tackle large challenges for the long term and we’re always looking ahead.
Now we need you.
We’re a skilled team with 800 people all over the world. Our processes are efficient, we make decisions based on data, our culture is meritocratic, and we offer ample opportunity for career growth. We’re bright, diverse, and experienced, and we love challenges. Now we’re looking for talent across all functions to join us as we strive to become the very best in our industry.
Sounds like the place for you? Come be part of our mission.
Our company is at an exciting inflection point. We’re planning to massively expand our business by providing new product offerings from within a single application. We need you to facilitate this by leading the development of our core Windows Super App.
We expect you to be a strong technical lead who cares passionately about quality and security. We also expect you to be a great people manager who can inspire and motivate their team, lead by example and promote our company culture of proactiveness, problem solving and attention to quality.
You’ll be responsible for shipping our app to customers at a high frequency and ensuring our customers have a world class experience. You’ll be empowered to use the latest tools and technologies and define processes to enable your team to function efficiently.
Take the lead of the Windows Core Team
We provide the scaffolding and release vehicles into which multiple product units contribute to create a super-app of privacy and security services for Windows.
- Build the foundations of the Windows app into which other product units then contribute to other functionalities
- Define code architecture, including guardrails to enable multiple teams to contribute safely.
- Configure and manage our build systems..
- Operate our test pipelines.
- Pick test frameworks and guide other teams on using them well.
- Have a veto right over contributions by other teams.
- Build test-cases that span multiple product units, such as battery, performance, stability.
- Coordinate releases to customers, typically once every two weeks.
- Oversee open source licensing.
- Coordinate technical documentation.
- Provide apps developer time and expertise on Windows as a service for other teams.
- Are accountable for:
- Quality: especially performance, stability, battery-life
- Velocity: ultimately measured by how quickly we can deliver value to customers
- Meeting SLAs for the build and CI systems
- Satisfaction of other engineers with their ability to contribute to each app
Responsibilities of this position
As leader of the team described above, you will:
- Build a world class, modern and responsive Windows application.
- Define best in class architecture for the application and set the quality bar which all code must meet
- Ensure your application can be shipped to customers every week
- Ensure your code has excellent test coverage with a strong affinity for automated testing
- Ensure your software meets a high security bar - never ship P1/P2 security bugs
- Provide Windows consultancy and development services to other teams in the business
- Ensure projects have well defined requirements, technical designs, threat models and test plans
- Own your team's SDL processes and ensure processes are simple and efficient
- Hire for your team and ensure it has the skills and capacity to meet the business’s needs. Upon joining, you will take on line management responsibility for several Windows developers, and you will start hiring for more.
- Define roles and expectations, train your team and hold them accountable in meeting the highest standards
- Expert C#, .NET and WPF developer
- Solid understanding of Windows programming and Win32 APIs
- Must have developed and shipped several high quality apps for Windows
- Capable of writing robust multithreaded code
- Expert in writing automated tests
- Passion for writing well-architected, readable code and maintainable code
- Experienced with project management software like Jira and processes like Scrum or Kanban
- Proven track record as a people manager
- Proven track record as a hiring manager
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership, great problem solver, hunger for learning and positive disposition.
- Experienced developer on at least one other platform
- Solid understanding of IP networking, including both low-level sockets programming and high-level application layer programming
- Experience with TDD and BDD
- Experience with engineering secure code and auditing code for security issues
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.