Location: Hong Kong or Singapore or Remote (+/- 8 hours from Hong Kong)
We are looking for a Director of Organic Growth Marketing
We bring in sales leads from search engines across all languages and markets. Our core mission is to become the #1 most respected tech company in the eyes of search engines worldwide.
The Director of Organic Growth Marketing will have a considerable influence and be capable of sharing expert SEO knowledge across our company of 800 people.
This is a newly created position to lead the Organic Growth marketing function. Currently, the team is divided into two medium-sized groups in different locations. We want to unify this function and grow it to achieve world-class results.
You will be responsible for:
- Setting a global organic growth strategy that brings in sales leads across all countries and languages.
- SEO consulting services to external partners such as affiliates, as requested via their account managers. Your team will act as an agency to help drive sales from partner websites and any internal team that asks for such services (such as HR or recruitment).
- Web analytics analysis and keyword research.
- Increasing trust in our domain through content marketing and link building.
- Influencing content strategy. Suggesting public-facing indexed landing pages, internal links, and other on-page optimizations.
- Deciding and sorting the roadmap of technical and on-page initiatives.
- Devising the hiring plan for your team worldwide, designing plans for evaluating candidates, working with our recruiting team to source and test candidates, hiring, and onboarding new staff.
- Creating our global team structure. We’ve historically focused a lot on English, but we know there’s a lot of potential in other markets. Can you structure your team to achieve success in multiple markets across the globe?
- Being the people manager for your direct reports. Train, promote, motivate, assign responsibilities, and hold people accountable. You will compare actual versus expected deliverables and exchange actionable feedback at a high frequency.
- Articulating a strategic multi-year vision for Organic Growth Marketing.
- Designing processes, documenting them, measuring their metrics, and improving them.
- Making sure our employer brand is well-respected by search engines.
Example initiatives and projects you and your team will work on:
- Improving page load speeds to increase organic performance. Determine and test to find that sweet spot of page speeds that yield the biggest ROI.
- Determining link-building strategies for 17 markets (and growing).
- Concepting and creating tooling and automation to test your theories. You’ll have staff and budget to prove your hunches and theories.
- Creating analysis decks for external websites to optimize them for organic search. Some of these websites are big names you will be proud to influence.
- Directing content writers across 16+ languages to create pages that capture more sales leads.
You will be accountable for:
- Organic sales leads to our websites in all languages, influenced rankings in all search engines (e.g., Google, Bing, Yahoo!).
- Quantity and quality of traffic referred to our websites by search engines
- Protecting our websites' reputation with entities like Google as measured by a lack of manual Google penalties and domain and page ratings.
- Compliance with our brand guidelines.
Desired skills and experience
To do well in this position, you should:
- Have deep knowledge of the global organic search landscape with proven experience increasing traffic that leads to sales conversions.
- Think like a scientist. Form hypotheses and test your assumptions. SEO is one of the most difficult areas to test. We’ll look to you to prove your theories are working.
- Enjoy managing people and be very good at it. That means you have:
- Had several direct reports for at least five years and skip-level reports for at least three.
- Developed hiring plans and built your own team(s) previously.
- Demonstrated the ability to develop a team, including hiring, coaching, and mentoring.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of user experience and behavior. You can use both data as well as intuition to make effective decisions.
- Have strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have strong expertise in analytics tools like Google Analytics and Tableau
Though not essential, we think it would be beneficial if you also have experience in:
- A/B testing and in-depth funnel optimization.
What we will offer you
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit and snacks
- Frequent team lunches and company events
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.