Location: Hong Kong, Singapore or Remote (+/- 8 hours from Hong Kong)
Take the lead of our Applications development team
Our company is at an exciting inflection point. We’re planning to massively expand our business by providing new product offerings from within a single application. We need you to facilitate this by leading our apps teams in developing Super Apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, routers and browser extensions.
As an applicant for our software development manager role you are a passionate about application development and believe in a high degree of automated testing. You are a great communicator with natural leadership skills and have a love for people management.
We look for people who display a strong sense of ownership, are great problem solvers and are always learning. If you think you fit the bill, then submit your application to join our ever growing team of talented developers and help us deliver our product to the world.
Responsibilities of this position
As a software development manager you will be held accountable to the velocity and quality at which your team delivers. You will:
- Ensure your team builds world class applications by writing elegant and simple code, and testing thoroughly with automation.
- Ensure your application can be shipped to customers every week.
- Ensure your software meets a high quality and security bar - never ship P1/P2 bugs.
- Ensure your team's processes and are simple and efficient.
- Define roles and expectations, train your team and hold them accountable in meeting the highest standards.
- Experienced developer in at least one compiled language such as C++, Java, Swift or C#.
- Experience shipping commercial consumer or B2B applications.
- Experience leading and managing one or more teams of developers for at least 2 years.
- Experienced with Agile methodologies like Scrum or Kanban.
- Proven track record as a hiring manager
- Experience build applications for iOS, Android, macOS, Windows or Linux
- Experience with TDD and BDD
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.