About Product Management at ExpressVPN
Product Managers at ExpressVPN are embedded in cross-functional teams, providing a leadership role in defining what we should deliver to users and coordinating delivery. Product managers contribute to their teams:
- Clear definitions of our current and desired end-users, insights about their needs, and how well we’re meeting those needs.
- Insights on our industry and competitors.
- Visions for what the company can build to better meet the needs of our users and the business, and to compete more effectively. Deliver product visions both at a multi-year strategic level, as well as guide detailed story-refinement sessions with teams.
- Coordination of delivery, typically using Kanban or Scrum principles.
They decide what we deliver to users and live with the consequences of those decisions: they are accountable for the business results delivered by the teams they lead and the areas of the product that they own. Typically product managers own metrics around user satisfaction and engagement, while product marketers own metrics around revenue and profit-contribution. PMs deftly balance the big picture—delivering product visions at a multi-year strategic level—against quotidian detailed stories and specs for features.
Why be a PM at ExpressVPN?
- Meaningful impact: Protect security, privacy, and online freedoms, and do so at a huge scale for millions of active paying customers world-wide.
- Tough challenges and a sense of accomplishment.
- Learning from colleagues. We try to keep our hiring-bar very high and like to think that we have assembled a very diverse set of friendly, curious and open people who are very good at what they do and are keen to share. Consistently year over year, our engagement surveys show that the strongest reason why people at ExpressVPN like working here is their colleagues.
- Empowerment. As a product manager, you and only you will own your KPIs. State what resources you need to succeed, get the right team(s) assembled, then lead them to determine a roadmap and deliver very iteratively.
- Competent engineers providing horsepower to execute on your roadmap. For example, ever since our founding in 2009, engineers write automated tests, and test-coverage is good enough to confidently deploy many times per day. Read a bit about ExpressVPN Trusted Server, Lightway and other technical innovations, and you'll get a sense that ExpressVPN is blessed with a very high caliber of engineers.
- Many options for career growth. Our industry is growing, our business is growing, and we have many uncovered areas that need product managers.
- Locations: at offices in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Poznan, and for some positions we're also open to hiring remote-based people.
- Roles: We're looking for both experienced people-managers as well as individual contributors. We value the career-tracks in management and individual contribution equally. ICs can have higher compensation than their managers.
- Domains: You'll own KPIs related to the success of the product. There are a lot of options and many open positions. Examples include:
- Product lines, such as our core VPN offering and our router product, as well as various additional value-propositions into which we're expanding. We're looking to become a super-app protecting consumers from a broad range of threats to their privacy and security.
- Cross-cutting areas such as payments, identity, onboarding, data governance, marketing attribution, content management, tools for communicating with customers, internal tooling, and more.
Please get in touch, let's speak and see what role is best for you to start.
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resume