When your team hits a game winner or the band plays your favorite song, there is nothing like experiencing the moment live and in-person. At “Experience”, expapp.com, our mission is to connect people to those unforgettable live experiences with mobile technology and move people from the couch to the crowd. Whether it’s securing tickets, upgrading to a fantastic seat, or participating in a once in a lifetime experience, sports and entertainment companies and fans alike realize that these opportunities should no longer be wasted.
Our engineering team - the creators of new technologies - build amazing live event software products that our partners and fans love. We need your help both scaling our existing system and building it to enable our vision of what a live event can really be - fun, flexible, and memorable!
We are looking for a Lead Front-end Engineer to join our rapidly growing business. In this exciting position, you will play a critical role in the architecture and implementation of our products. You'll be asked to lead and mentor our team on front-end development best practices, work closely with our UI/UX team, and ultimately build a beautiful, fast, and joyful user experience with our modern technology stack. These technologies include but aren't limited to React, Storybook, styled components, Jest, Node, Redis, Grails, PostgreSQL, and Kinesis.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and Engineers to build industry leading live event software
- Architect our front-end technology stack from design, implementation, monitoring, and testing infrastructure
- Ensure consistent execution of front-end strategy and components across teams and channels (Mobile & Desktop)
- Define and mentor our team on best practices and UI/UX patterns
Need to Have:
- Strong Engineering and Architectural skills
- 5+ years of HTML/CSS experience including browser compatibility and accessibility
- 5+ years building consumer focused, scalable, and secure front-end solutions
- You’re passionate about technology and you want to build innovative products
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
Nice to Have:
- Experience building solutions with React and Redux
- Working knowledge of mono-repo configurations; lerna, yarn workspaces, publishing packages
- You enjoy working full-stack when possible
- Experience with Groovy & Grails, Spring, or other JVM language (Java, Scala, etc.)
- You know and understand SQL and best practices around database access
- Work with a proven and incredibly talented team
- Medical / Dental / Vision coverage and 401K match
- In-office massage therapists
- Complimentary INWEGO membership for you and a plus one!
- Work on a new MacBook Pro Retina Laptop
- Open, fun and comfortable workspace (no cubes!)
- We have a coffee bar that keeps us going with beverages and healthy snacks
- 75′′ Television in work area for work demos & maybe for watching Football too
- Break-out rooms for small meetings, privacy, quiet space
- We have a robot and he pushes code, makes jokes, and runs our automated tests!
- Ping-pong table, XBOX, and Nintendo 64 (bring your A game!)
- Be the DJ with Sonos throughout the office
- Pennant of your university hung with pride in the office
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.