When your team hits a game winner or the band plays your favorite song, there is nothing like experiencing the moment live and in-person. At “Experience”, expapp.com, our mission is to connect people to those unforgettable live experiences with mobile technology and move people from the couch to the crowd. Whether it’s securing tickets, upgrading to a fantastic seat, or participating in a once in a lifetime experience, sports and entertainment companies and fans alike realize that these opportunities should no longer be wasted.
Our engineering team - the creators of new technologies - build amazing live event software products that teams and fans love. We need your help both scaling our existing system and building it to enable our vision of what a live event can really be - fun, flexible, and memorable!
We are looking for Junior Software Engineers that are passionate about programming and building amazing software products, to join our rapidly growing business. In this exciting position, you will work alongside and learn from seasoned software engineers and help build our software products. You will learn from our talented team of engineers and work with cutting-edge technologies and tools including React, Groovy and Grails, Redis, Postgresql, AWS Lambdas, RabbitMQ/SQS, and more.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working within a seasoned Scrum Team to build amazing ticketing and loyalty solutions that are used by thousands of fans each day
- Write automated tests to prove your code works!
- Review the code of your peers and ensure it meets our quality standards
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1 to 2 years of software development experience
- You’re passionate about technology and you want to build innovative products
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and tools quickly
- You have a firm understanding of core Object Oriented concepts
- You know SQL and general best-practices for accessing a database
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You love live events!
- You’re full-stack and enjoy working on both the front and back end.
- You have experience with React and Redux
- Experience with a JVM language (Java/Groovy/Kotlin/Scala)
- You’ve got style! Experience with CSS/SASS/LESS
- Work with a proven and incredibly talented team
- Medical / Dental / Vision coverage and 401K match
- Work on a new MacBook Pro Retina Laptop
- In-office massage therapists!
- Open, fun and comfortable workspace (no cubes!)
- We have a coffee bar that keeps us going with beverages and healthy snacks
- 75″ Television in work area for work demos & maybe for watching Football too
- Break-out rooms for small meetings, privacy, quiet space
- We have a robot and he pushes code, makes jokes, and runs our automated tests!
- Ping-pong table, XBOX, and Nintendo 64 (bring your A game!)
- Be the DJ with Sonos throughout the office
- Pennant of your university hung with pride in the office
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.