Mobile Software Engineer - Android
Location - Atlanta, Georgia
Employment - Full Time
INWEGO is the first ever market-based mobile subscription service for LIVE ENTERTAINMENT seekers and sports fans. When you subscribe to INWEGO, you instantly have one or more free tickets to a wide range of sports and entertainment events across your city. Want to go out 3 nights in a row? Go for it – we have a variety of plan options for our members. Want to sit with a friend? No problem – just link up with another friend who has the app, or add a guest pass, and you’ll all be sitting together when you arrive. With INWEGO, entertainment seekers of all types get to experience all their city has to offer, all for one low monthly cost.
Since launching in the Fall of 2016, INWEGO members have claimed over 250,000 tickets in the app across almost 6,000 events in our current 6 U.S. cities. We have even bigger plans for 2019-2020, and are looking to add a new member to our already talented, high potential & creative team to continue our revolutionary new product to the next level.
We are looking for Android Engineers that can build upon our Android App. We leverage Kotlin on core Android SDK libraries and select popular libraries to build our current app. Our backend API is a RESTful service built with the Play framework in Scala. We need motivated Engineers to help take ownership of our existing App code base and grow it to the next level for our ever increasing user base.
INWEGO is built by Experience, LLC the award-winning mobile
commerce, ticketing, and data solutions company used by more than 350 live
entertainment partners worldwide. Experience LLC is a Cox Enterprises company.
In this exciting position you will:
- Work within a seasoned Agile Team to evolve our subscription service used by 1000’s of members every day to drive value and loyalty to the platform
- Be a leader in the Android development efforts and drive future platform development
- Collaborate on all engineering efforts and practices
- Educate and consult with non-engineering teams on Android specific best practices and strategies in addition to supporting general engineering concerns
Need to Have Skills:
- 2+ years of solid experience building customer facing Android Apps
- Demonstrable knowledge of UI design patterns, asynchronous patterns, RESTful API patterns, Android performance patterns and other Android good practices
- Demonstrable knowledge of Kotlin or other modern languages (Our App is built with Kotlin)
- You’re passionate about technology and you want to build innovative products
- You understand Object Oriented and Functional Principles and how to use them in practice
- You’re a strong problem solver
- Able to effectively communicate with non-engineering groups to refine requirements and advise on implementation options
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
Nice to Have Skills:
- You’re full-stack and enjoy working on both the front and back end
- You have experience with iOS/Swift and/or web technologies
- Experience with a JVM language other than Java or Kotlin (Groovy/Scala/Clojure/etc)
- Experience with AWS products like (API Gateway, Lambda, Device Farm, etc)
- Work with a proven and incredibly talented team
- Medical / Dental / Vision coverage and 401K match
- In-office massage therapists
- Complimentary INWEGO membership for you and a plus one!
- Work on a new MacBook Pro Retina Laptop
- Open, fun and comfortable workspace (no cubes!)
- We have a coffee bar that keeps us going with beverages and healthy snacks
- 75′′ Television in work area for work demos & maybe for watching Football too
- Break-out rooms for small meetings, privacy, quiet space
- We have a robot and he pushes code, makes jokes, and runs our automated tests!
- Ping-pong table, XBOX, and Nintendo 64 (bring your A game!)
- Be the DJ with Sonos throughout the office
- Pennant of your university hung with pride in the office
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.