When your team hits a game winner or the band plays your favorite song, there is nothing like experiencing the moment live and in-person. At “Experience”, expapp.com, our mission is to connect people to those unforgettable live experiences with mobile technology and move people from the couch to the crowd. Whether it’s securing tickets, upgrading to a fantastic seat, or participating in a once in a lifetime experience, sports and entertainment companies and fans alike realize that these opportunities should no longer be wasted.
Our engineering team - the creators of new technologies - build amazing live event software products that our partners and fans love. We need your help both scaling our existing system and building it to enable our vision of what a live event can really be - fun, flexible, and memorable!
We are looking for a Team Lead Software Engineer to join our quickly growing core business. In this exciting position, you will play a Mission Critical role in designing and building our products and guiding a team of software engineers. You will work with leading-edge technologies and tools including Grails, AWS Lambdas, Kinesis, Athena, Redshift, and more.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coach and mentor a team of 4 software engineers
- Design and build industry leading live event software products
- Architect and implement our data warehousing and partner facing APIs
- Research new technologies and tools for applicability to our development of products
Need to Have:
- You love live events!
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Experience with multiple object oriented languages like Java, Ruby, Python etc.
- At least one year of experience leading a team of software engineers
- Experience building scalable APIs
- You’re passionate about technology and you want to use and build innovative products
- You know SQL, best-practices for accessing a database, and you’re able to make even the most complex queries scale
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
Nice to Have:
- Implementing APIs that are scalable and secure
- Experience with Groovy & Grails, Spring, or other JVM language (Java, Scala, etc.)
- AWS Kinesis, RedShift
- Data warehousing
- Work with a proven and incredibly talented team
- Medical / Dental / Vision coverage and 401K match
- In-office massage therapists
- Complimentary INWEGO membership for you and a plus one!
- Work on a new MacBook Pro Retina Laptop
- Open, fun and comfortable workspace (no cubes!)
- We have a coffee bar that keeps us going with beverages and healthy snacks
- 75′′ Television in work area for work demos & maybe for watching Football too
- Break-out rooms for small meetings, privacy, quiet space
- We have a robot and he pushes code, makes jokes, and runs our automated tests!
- Ping-pong table, XBOX, and Nintendo 64 (bring your A game!)
- Be the DJ with Sonos throughout the office
- Pennant of your university hung with pride in the office
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.