Do you have a passion for customer journeys and data driven marketing with a proven background in Email and SMS marketing? Would you love the opportunity to analyze data trends and define audience segments for engagement, retention and cross-sell opportunities that drive revenue? Do you thrive in leading cross-functional projects of high impact? Do you love seeing your ideas through to fruition?
If so, we would love to hear from you! Experience, expapp.com, is seeking a Direct Channel Manager to join our rapidly-growing team to help take us to the next level of awesome.
You’ll take the lead in owning the Email and SMS strategy across the Experience products. You'll work with cross-functional teams consisting of Product and Engineering, Sales, Operations, and more. In this role, you'll be involved with defining strategies and the execution of email and sms messages for our customers' customers - the fans!
- Responsible for analyzing and monitoring user (fan) behaviors to support and drive the expansion of the direct channel marketing program
- Leverage data and analytic resources and team members to gather insights for recommending, defining and implementing direct channel retention and cross-sell programs
- Working with Data Team, identify metrics needed across Direct and Partner Marketing programs to set up dashboards for ongoing reporting and analyses that highlight key insights and strategic learnings. Translate analytical findings into clear, easily understandable, actionable insights that drive strong business strategy
- Build and execute B2C campaigns via defined channels
- Work with internal and external tech teams to oversee and support technical implementations and set up of marketing tech and programs - specifically around APIs needed, email, SMS, analytics and data
- Adopt A/B testing mechanisms/tools and build, segment, and test frameworks for continuous improvement
- Drive improvement across email and SMS KPIs including deliverability, open rates, click rates, conversion rates, opt-out rates, and revenue
- Lead cross-functional teams and projects that span various channels and products
- Collaborate with Partner Marketing Team members on the approach, execution, and measurement of email marketing campaigns that increase engagement & product adoption and drive incremental sales and profitability
- Create strategies and tactical plans that fully maximize the customer journey while providing UX/UI feedback
- Create and manage end-to-end campaigns across the customer lifecycle from day-to-day execution to audience segmentation, coordinating coding, creating automated flows, tagging links, scheduling emails/SMS, setting up tests, quality assurance, and deployment
- Manage and support strategic relationships with vendors and partners as needed as well as oversee, manage and execute various MarTech platforms
- Results-Driven. Obsessed with creating retention/cross-sell marketing campaigns and programs that generate high engagement, conversion, and sales.
- Consumer-focused. Knows our customer inside and out -— needs, wants, challenges — can effectively craft marketing strategies to best serve the fan.
- A cross-functional team member. A proactive, business partner who can effectively execute across different business units and can clearly articulate actionable information to influence data-driven business decisions.
- Creative. Can ideate on interesting ways to engage the customer, has a strong point of view and can effectively communicate that vision to various team members.
- Hands-on. Proven experience leading a campaign management function and outstanding attention to detail.
- In the know. Stays up-to-date on email and CRM industry best practices and emerging trends.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, be flexible, and quickly adapt to new data and strategies.
- An ambitious go-getter with a high capacity to multitask, prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects at one time.
Skills & Experience
- 4-year college degree required, Marketing or Similar preferred
- 4+ years of email and/or marketing management
- Knowledge of various marketing tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, ExactTarget, SMS Providers, Twilio, Google Analytics, Indicative, etc.
- Experience working with Iterable a BIG plus
- Exposure to leveraging Tableau
- Understanding of email and SMS best practices including CAN-SPAM, TCPA and CASL compliance
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data for optimization (processes, decision-making, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail, process optimization, and problem-solving skills
- Passion for continuous improvement and appetite to experiment in multiple marketing channels
- HTML/CSS, AMPscript, SQL experience a plus
- Bonus points for graphic design experience
- Work with a proven and incredibly talented team
- Medical / Dental / Vision coverage and 401K match
- Work on a new MacBook Pro Retina Laptop
- INWEGO membership for you and a plus one
- Open, fun and comfortable workspace (no cubes!)
- We have a coffee bar that keeps us going with beverages and healthy snacks
- 75″ Television in work area for work demos & maybe for watching Football too
- Break-out rooms for small meetings, privacy, quiet space
- We have a robot and he pushes code, makes jokes, and runs our automated tests!
- Ping-pong table, XBOX, and Nintendo 64 (bring your A game!)
- Be the DJ with Sonos throughout the office
- Pennant of your university hung with pride in the office
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)