Do you have a passion for all things data? Are you ready to create next-generation data science to power a company reshaping an industry? Do you want to disrupt the 20-billion dollar ticketing industry with innovative technology?
If so, we would love to hear from you! Experience, expapp.com, is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join our rapidly-growing team to help take us to the next level of awesome.
Please note, this role is not scheduled to be hired until October 1, 2019.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Create predictive models to power innovative ticketing products
- Acquire and explore data from creative sources to power data science initiatives
- Create data pipelines and applications in Amazon Web Services environments
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Interact with project stakeholders to provide data science solutions addressing business requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 - 3 years of data science and analytics experience
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience creating and deploying data science solutions in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, SQL, Scala) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Tableau, Excel, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
Nice to Have:
- Advanced degree in math, statistics computer science, economics or another data-related field
- Experience with multiple AWS products: Lambda, Sagemaker, Athena, EC2, EMR, Redshift, Glue, S3
- Experience managing digital data across web pages and mobile applications
- Tableau experience
- Experience in digital analytics tools: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, MixPanel, etc.
- Work with a proven and incredibly talented team
- Medical / Dental / Vision coverage and 401K match
- INWEGO membership for you and a plus one
- In-office massage therapists
- Work on a new MacBook Pro Retina Laptop
- Open, fun and comfortable workspace (no cubes!)
- We have a coffee bar that keeps us going with beverages and healthy snacks
- 75″ Television in work area for work demos & maybe for watching Football too
- Break-out rooms for small meetings, privacy, quiet space
- We have a robot and he pushes code, makes jokes, and runs our automated tests!
- Ping-pong table, XBOX, and Nintendo 64 (bring your A game!)
- Be the DJ with Sonos throughout the office
- Pennant of your university hung with pride in the office
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)