Do you have a passion for all things data? Are you ready to create next-generation data science to power a company reshaping an industry? Do you want to disrupt the 20-billion dollar ticketing industry with innovative technology?
If so, we would love to hear from you! Experience, expapp.com, is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join our rapidly-growing team to help take us to the next level of awesome.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Create predictive models to power innovative ticketing products
- Acquire and explore data from creative sources to power data science initiatives
- Create data pipelines and applications in Amazon Web Services environments
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Interact with project stakeholders to provide data science solutions addressing business requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 - 3 years of data science and analytics experience
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience creating and deploying data science solutions in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, SQL, Scala) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Tableau, Excel, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
Nice to Have:
- Advanced degree in math, statistics computer science, economics or another data-related field
- Experience with multiple AWS products: Lambda, Sagemaker, Athena, EC2, EMR, Redshift, Glue, S3
- Experience managing digital data across web pages and mobile applications
- Tableau experience
- Experience in digital analytics tools: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, MixPanel, etc.
- Work with a proven and incredibly talented team
- Medical / Dental / Vision coverage and 401K match
- INWEGO membership for you and a plus one
- In-office massage therapists
- Work on a new MacBook Pro Retina Laptop
- Open, fun and comfortable workspace (no cubes!)
- We have a coffee bar that keeps us going with beverages and healthy snacks
- 75″ Television in work area for work demos & maybe for watching Football too
- Break-out rooms for small meetings, privacy, quiet space
- We have a robot and he pushes code, makes jokes, and runs our automated tests!
- Ping-pong table, XBOX, and Nintendo 64 (bring your A game!)
- Be the DJ with Sonos throughout the office
- Pennant of your university hung with pride in the office
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)