When your team hits a game winner or the band plays your favorite song, there is nothing like experiencing the moment live and in-person. At “Experience”, expapp.com, our mission is to connect people to those unforgettable live experiences with mobile technology and move people from the couch to the crowd. Whether it’s securing tickets, upgrading to a fantastic seat, or participating in a once in a lifetime experience, sports and entertainment companies and fans alike realize that these opportunities should no longer be wasted.
Our engineering team - the creators of new technologies - build amazing live event software products that teams and fans love. We need your help to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure we can quickly and repeatedly ship high quality and high performing products.
We are looking for a talented QA Automation Engineer to join our quickly growing core business. In this exciting position, you will play a Mission Critical role in designing and implementing automation testing frameworks for our industry leading software products. You will work with leading-edge technologies and tools. In this exciting role you will:
- Assist with efforts in establishing testing frameworks/tools and processes for entire engineering team
- Develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools such as Jenkins, Jmeter, Jest, React-testing-library, Puppeteer, Spock Specification framework, Postman.
- Showcase your expertise in all things QA by training engineering on best practices related to testing methodologies, tools and processes
- Identify system needs for ease of test automation by working with internal teams (Product, Engineering, DevOps)
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs via Jira/Sentry
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Proven work experience in software development/coding in Object Oriented Programming Language
- 3 to 5 years of proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes as used by Agile Teams.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing as well as knowledge in the following types of tests:
- End to End
- User Acceptance Testing
- Hands-on experience and application of automated testing tools
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with:
- Programming Languages: Grails/Groovy, Scala, React
- Amazon Web Services
- Work with a proven and incredibly talented team
- Medical / Dental / Vision coverage and 401K match
- INWEGO membership for you and a plus one
- In-office massage therapists
- Work on a new MacBook Pro Retina Laptop
- Open, fun and comfortable workspace (no cubes!)
- We have a coffee bar that keeps us going with beverages and healthy snacks
- 75″ Television in work area for work demos & maybe for watching Football too
- Break-out rooms for small meetings, privacy, quiet space
- We have a robot and he pushes code, makes jokes, and runs our automated tests!
- Ping-pong table, XBOX, and Nintendo 64 (bring your A game!)
- Be the DJ with Sonos throughout the office
- Pennant of your university hung with pride in the office
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)