Expanse protects the world’s most important organizations by discovering risks on the Internet no one else can find. Our customers comprise more than 10% of the routable Internet and rely on our products to discover, manage, and secure their global Internet assets. Born from DARPA, Expanse was founded in 2012 and is backed by more than $135M in funding.
We’re looking for a versatile and creative Associate Strategist to join our National Security Division (NSD). In this role, you will help grow our business supporting the US government and the Defense Industrial Base, ultimately helping us keep these organizations safe from malicious actors on the Internet.
As an Associate Strategist, you will conduct research into and proactively solicit meetings with target government organizations and defense companies. Each institution has a unique mission set and you will see these distinctions as opportunities for creative thinking, diligent research, and value creation. With the support and mentorship from your team, you will craft your outreach and tailor your approach to each new business opportunity.
Armed with your knowledge of the product and its real-world applicability (which your colleagues will help you attain) you will support our NSD business development team. This position will report directly to our NSD leadership. Occasional travel to customer sites will be required.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with leadership to craft and execute our growth strategy for the U.S. Government and leading defense companies
- Generate (and improve) our creative outreach, targeted marketing collateral, and our lead generation processes
- Research target organizations; craft customer personas and develop a deep understanding of key players in the industry
- Represent Expanse at industry events and conferences
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date account intelligence in Salesforce, including briefing colleagues and senior leaders
- Curious: You are a quick study and an omnivorous learner; you are coachable and eager to educate yourself about our software and harness its potential for impact
- Solution Seeker: You are comfortable immersing yourself in complex business challenges and producing actionable insights
- Thoughtful: You enjoy deep research into prospective customers and unveiling the intricacies of (sometimes opaque) institutions
- Articulate: You are able to communicate our unique product offerings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders and to prospective customers
- You are willing and able to travel ~25% of the time to customer sites, trade shows, or company events (Post COVID)
- Eligible for U.S. Government clearance
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- Unlimited PTO + 8 company holidays
- Company sponsored parental leave
- 401k Plan
- Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, and workshops
- $75 every quarter as discretionary team building stipend
- $50 every month in cell phone reimbursement
- $65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses and other activities
- $500, one time, to customize your remote work space so you have what you need to be comfortable and productive
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites
Refer a Friend
Send your most talented friends our way. If we hire one, you'll get $1,000 even if you're not an Expanse employee. Please email email@example.com to learn more!