Expanse protects the world’s most important organizations by discovering risks on the Internet no one else can find. Our customers comprise more than 10% of the routable Internet and rely on our products to discover, manage, and secure their global Internet assets. Born from DARPA, Expanse was founded in 2012 and is backed by more than $135M in funding.
We are looking for a cleared Senior Technical Program Manager to help government organizations make the most of our products and ultimately keep their networks safe from malicious actors on the Internet.
In this role, you will interface with government users and colleagues from Expanse’s National Security Division (NSD) to deeply understand our government and public sector customers and their problems. You will focus on the customer experience to translate market opportunities and customer needs into product requirements. You will collaborate with Product Managers to prioritize platform capabilities and user features on our roadmap. You will craft and own the scalable process for gathering and prioritizing NSD feature requests.
This role will require you to think critically about customer requests and consider the reasons why. It will provide you with the opportunity to make an immediate impact on both our short-term deliverables and long-term strategic goals.
You will report to our VP of Product. You can be based in our offices in Washington D.C., Atlanta GA, or New York NY and you need an active clearance to qualify.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the definition of new federal products, capabilities, and features and manage the lifecycle of existing products/product features by understanding market and customer needs
- Develop detailed market and product requirements, build financial justification, and champion the ask through leadership to market
- Identify market direction, what’s important to customers, where technology and features are evolving and where the company can effectively compete
- Partner with NSD and government customers to build credibility and understand their problems
- Collaborate with Product Managers to prioritize NSD customer requirements into our product roadmaps
- Craft and own the process for NSD feature prioritization
- You have previous professional experience working with government customers/users, in a technical or a product role
- You are able to think critically about the reasons why customers request specific features and what the underlying problems are
- You are able to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences via written and verbal presentations
- You have an active Top Secret clearance
- You are willing and able to visit customers based in the Washington D.C. area
- Not required: previous startup and/or IT productivity experience is preferred but not required
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- Unlimited PTO + 8 company holidays
- Company sponsored parental leave
- 401k Plan
- Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, and workshops
- $75 every quarter as discretionary team building stipend
- $50 every month in cell phone reimbursement
- $65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses and other activities
- $300, one time, to customize your desk space
- Pre-tax commuter, HSA, & FSA benefits
- Onsite gym and bike storage
- Snacks and beverages in the office + lunch stipend
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites
Refer a Friend
- Send your most talented friends our way. If we hire one, you'll get $1,000 even if you're not an Expanse employee. Please email email@example.com to learn more!