Do you Know Your Internet? Expanse Does. Expanse protects the world’s most important organizations by discovering risks on the Internet that no one else can find. Expanse is the leader in Internet Operations Management for IT and Security. Expanse customers comprise more than 10 percent of the routable internet and rely on the Expanse platform to discover, manage, and secure their global Internet Assets. Using patented collection and analysis technology, Expanse improves visibility, governance, and IT operations, reducing risk associated with Internet-connected assets and enabling a secure digital transformation. Founded in 2012, Expanse is headquartered in San Francisco and is backed by more than $135M in funding.
Expanse is looking for a Director of Marketing for our growing Government Sector to strategically plan and manage field programs and campaigns that target the U.S. Government. In this role, you will collaborate with the Demand Gen/Growth and the National Security Division Sales teams to contribute to and strengthen the marketing pipeline goals; specifically, you will plan and execute field events, programs, and campaigns that align with our overall go-to-market strategy.
We’re looking for a self-motivated marketer who can collaborate effectively with external partners and internal cross-functional teams, including Sales, Marketing, and Operations. This position is based our office in Washington, D.C. and will report to the CMO.
What you’ll do
- Build and execute on a strategic marketing plan that incorporates various field and regional events with partners; define, project manage and execute the event program goals, messaging, tactics, audience generation/email campaigns, speaker plan, collateral, on-site execution, post-show leads processing & follow-up
- Build online programs and campaigns designed to drive qualified leads that convert to pipeline
- Work closely with strategic partners to design joint marketing programs and execute co-branded tactics that support government sector strategy and annual revenue goals
- Effectively work cross-functionally with teams across Expanse including field and inside sales, marketing, operations, PR, legal, and procurement to efficiently execute plans and achieve team goals
- Monitor and facilitate lead funnel management across all activities, and report program results to stakeholders
- Clearly analyze and communicate government sector campaign plan, activities, goals and results to all stakeholders
- You have several years of professional experience marketing to U.S. Federal, State & Local Government audiences
- You have successfully managed events and online campaigns, including measuring and reporting of success metrics and pipeline impact
- You have experience planning and co-marketing with strategic reseller, distribution and/or technology partners
- You can autonomously manage projects end-to-end, including creating budgets, selecting venues, sourcing and management of vendors, planning projects and event show flow, working on promotion and registration, developing content, etc
- You have experience with sales and marketing automation tools, preferably Salesforce and Marketo
- You are willing and able to travel on occasion (about 20-30% of the time)
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- Unlimited PTO + 8 company holidays
- Company sponsored parental leave
- 401k Plan
- Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, and workshops
- $75 every quarter as discretionary team building stipend
- $50 every month in cell phone reimbursement
- $65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses and other activities
- $300, one time, to customize your desk space
- Pre-tax commuter, HSA, & FSA benefits
- Onsite gym and bike storage
- Stocked kitchen + lunch stipend
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites
Refer a Friend
- Send your most talented friends our way. If we hire one, you'll get $1,000 even if you're not an Expanse employee. Please email email@example.com to learn more!