Expanse helps IT operations and security teams discover, manage, and secure all of their global internet assets. Current Expanse customers comprise more than 10 percent of the routable internet and they use the company's platform to monitor for real-time changes to their infrastructure. Using leading-edge collection and analysis technology, Expanse improves organizations' visibility, governance, and IT operations, reducing risk associated with internet-connected assets and enabling a secure digital transformation. Founded in 2012, Expanse is headquartered in San Francisco and is now backed by more than $135M in funding.
Expanse is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our new, growing engineering team in Atlanta.
You will take responsibility for developing features from end-to-end. You will collaborate with your team to make decisions about design patterns, agile development practices, and technical debt. Your work will be critical to helping define and secure the perimeters of the world's largest and most important organizations.
This role is based in our offices in Atlanta or New York. There is occasional travel to our headquarters in San Francisco.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with your team to implement features and reduce technical debt.
- Drive projects to completion and support your work in production.
- You have experience as a professional software engineer.
- You are comfortable with Java or Python.
- You are comfortable with React, AngularJS, or similar modern frontend frameworks.
- You have experience writing robust feature, unit, and performance test suites.
- Not required: experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Kibana, or similar is a plus.
- Not required: experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Not required: knowledge of AWS or GCP is a plus.
- Not required: familiarity with Dataflow, Beam, Spark, or other similar concepts is a plus.
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits.
- Flexible PTO + 8 company holidays.
- Company sponsored parental leave.
- 401k Plan.
- Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, and workshops.
- $75 every quarter as discretionary team building stipend.
- $50 every month in cell phone reimbursement.
- $65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses and other activities.
- $300, one time, to customize your desk space.
- Pre-tax commuter, HSA, & FSA benefits.
- Stocked kitchen + lunch stipend.
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites.
Refer a Friend
- Send your most talented friends our way. If we hire one, you'll get $1,000 even if you're not an Expanse employee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!