Expanse protects the world’s most important organizations by discovering risks on the Internet no one else can find. Our customers comprise more than 10% of the routable Internet and rely on our products to discover, manage, and secure their global Internet assets. Born from DARPA, Expanse was founded in 2012 and is backed by more than $135M in funding.
As an Expanse National Security Division (NSD) Business Development Manager, you are responsible for getting Expanse’s software to USG organizations charged with national security missions, and expanding relationships with existing NSD customers. You are tenacious and imaginative when it comes to pursuing business objectives. But you never forget that we only succeed when our clients do. You are unusually perceptive and comfortable in any number of contexts, from early-stage conversations with stakeholders to structuring deals with executives to engaging with users.
You will find, evaluate, pursue, and attain new business opportunities for a targeted set of USG organizations and industry leading Aerospace & Defense (A&D) companies. Each institution has a unique mission set, you will see these distinctions as opportunities — for creative thinking, diligent research, and value creation. You will tailor your approach to Expanse and to each unique opportunity.
Armed with a deep knowledge of the product and its real-world applicability, you will cultivate existing relationships and work diligently to build new ones. Motivated by the knowledge that the software you sell is directly responsible for improved mission efficacy for USG national security clients, you will exceed ambitious quotas and come up with new targets.
Concurrently, you will develop long-term partnerships with our clients in this space. The impact of these partnerships rests on trust. You will nurture this trust, understanding structures, and building meaningful relationships at every level of a client organization.
What You’ll Do
- In coordination with Expanse leadership, develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for growing the company's presence in a defined set of government institutions and A&D companies, typically focused on a single or limited number of clients
- Generate new leads and business opportunities, working closely with Expanse counterparts to determine goals and targets
- Apply knowledge of industry, market landscape, technology, product, and processes to educate prospects and clients on the business value of Expanse's offerings and services
- Serve as the key point of contact between Expanse and given institution(s), and represent Expanse at industry events and conferences
- Develop deep familiarity and conversational fluency with Expanse's software platform and how it can be used to solve an array of defensive cyber use cases
- Develop relationships with select partners in the government to leverage their account presence and drive new growth and further penetration of Expanse's solutions in the market
- Maintain accurate and up to date account intelligence in SFDC, including regular forecasting of business opportunities to sales and executive leadership
- Exceed stated quota by winning contracts
- Work with Expanse team members to improve and streamline internal processes
- Ability to travel up to 50% for customer meetings, trade shows, and company sponsored events
- 7+ years experience supporting national security clients
- 5+ years selling or managing the deployment of enterprise security or SaaS solutions
- Proven track record of large-scale enterprise sales to government or commercial institutions
- Proven success breaking into new accounts and building territories from the ground up in a start-up environment and/or new market category.
- Quick study and omnivorous learner, eager to educate yourself about our software’s applications and capabilities across the government and commercial sectors
- Intricate familiarity with the federal procurement processes
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to compellingly articulate Expanse's product offering to audiences with varying levels of technical skill and seniority
- Ability to understand potential customers' requirements and how Expanse's software can address them
- Demonstrated project management skills and a love of getting things done, no matter the circumstances
- Authentic relationship builder, not professional networkers, with experience working with a broad range of personalities
- Comfortable immersing yourself in abstract and ambiguous business challenges and the intricacies of sometimes opaque institutions
- Awareness of personal strengths and weaknesses, as well as a willingness to involve teammates with complementary abilities and to let others lead
- At minimum, you must hold an active SECRET clearance, active “TOP SECRET” is preferred
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- Unlimited PTO + 8 company holidays
- Company sponsored parental leave
- 401k Plan
- Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, and workshops
- $75 every quarter as discretionary team building stipend
- $50 every month in cell phone reimbursement
- $65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses and other activities
- $500, one time, to customize your remote work space so you have what you need to be comfortable and productive
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites
Refer a Friend
- Send your most talented friends our way. If we hire one, you'll get $1,000 even if you're not an Expanse employee. Please email email@example.com to learn more!