Metabase is looking for a Frontend Lead Engineer, who will be responsible for our front end codebase across our suite of analytics applications. You will own the build, test, and deployment of our front end clients as well as writing code, mentoring, and help us grow our engineering team. Strong product sensibilities are expected as you’ll have a significant part in shaping our user experience.
- Knowledge of Clojure or desire to learn a plus
- History of open source contributions strongly preferred
- Experience with React preferred
- Solid CS background (either a CS program or School of Hard Knocks)
- Shipped significant single page apps, individually or as a technical lead
- Significant experience working with CSS on a large scale application
- You enjoy collaborating with designers
- You really care about front end performance
- You have consumer sensibilities but you are interested in changing the standard for tools in the enterprise
We are excited to offer a full-time role with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer pre-tax flexible spending accounts for both health and transportation.
Metabase is bringing data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We’re taking what we’ve learned building out the data infrastructure and analytics systems for Expa’s portfolio companies and releasing it to the world. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data as well as a suite of tools to deal with the complexity that arises as they grow.
We’re small, engineering led and you’ll be joining at a pivotal time in the company. You’ll have amazing views from our beautiful downtown San Francisco office, great benefits and substantial equity in a venture funded company. You’ll get to work with a wide range of companies already using our product, and have exposure to new companies being formed at Expa and have a bird’s eye view of how the best repeat entrepreneurs (including founders from Uber, Foursquare, AddThis) work.