Metabase is seeking a Head of Marketing & Community to join our small team in San Francisco.
- Manage the creation of educational resources
- Write copy as needed
- Communicate with the community via mailing list, Slack channel and Twitter
- Curate our FAQ as recurring issues come up
- Triage bugs from our supported customers and open source user base
- Setup and run events for the OSS community such as in-person meetups, hackathons, and online "office hour" sessions. Be creative!
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to make sure issues important to the community get resolved
- Understanding of Github, HackerNews, Twitter and other media
- Deep understanding of open source software
- Experience using Business Intelligence tools required (Tableau, Looker, Qlikview, etc.) in a job role
- Coding experience helpful
- Experience in a Customer Success function a strong plus
- Experience in a Software QA function a strong plus
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Deep empathy for users and customers
- Ability to think on your feet and take initiative to keep the community humming
We are excited to offer a full-time role with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer pre-tax flexible spending accounts for both health and transportation.
Metabase is bringing data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We’re taking what we’ve learned building out the data infrastructure and analytics systems for Expa’s portfolio companies and releasing it to the world. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data as well as a suite of tools to deal with the complexities that arise as they grow.
You’ll be joining at a pivotal time in the company. You’ll have amazing views from our beautiful downtown San Francisco office, great benefits and substantial equity in a venture funded company. You’ll get to work with a wide range of companies already using our product, and have exposure to new companies being formed at Expa. You will have a bird’s eye view of how the best repeat entrepreneurs work (including founders from Uber, Foursquare, AddThis).