At Expa we’re dedicated to being the best place for entrepreneurs to create and build companies. Expa was founded in 2013 by Uber co-founder Garrett Camp to help bring great ideas to life. We’re builders, founders, and operators ourselves, know the struggles that come with starting a new company, and what it takes to succeed. We support entrepreneurs with more than just funding — we offer a valuable network, office space, and our advice and expertise.
We’re hiring a Community Manager who will be responsible for engaging and cultivating our community of founders. Being an entrepreneur is oftentimes a lonely journey and we want our community of founders to have the support of experts and other entrepreneurs going through similar journeys. You’ll be the connective force between our founders, the Expa team, our advisors, and the broader community.
This individual will work in an unstructured yet goal-directed environment. It will be up to them to take top-level goals, translate them into tangible workstreams and initiatives, then execute effectively.
Expa is a tight-knit, cross-functional team that avoids politics, moves quickly and supports one another. We are growing our team of like-minded individuals who share an ethos of empathy, service, and curiosity.
- Build and maintain relationships with founding team members of our portfolio companies
- Design & execute programming that will foster connections in our community, understanding and directly addressing entrepreneurs’ needs, both IRL and virtually
- Develop the “end to end” event programming calendar and cadence for event strategy, incorporating various forms of content and event formats
- Help design an impactful agenda of content, activities, and speakers for all events, continually ideating creative ways to inspire attendees and enhance the learning experience
- Welcome people into our community with an exceptionally delightful experience—from a personal introduction, sending welcome kits, to making introductions to the family
- Make connections within Expa network members online and offline—to the right people, at the right time
- Build peer groups between functional leaders within the portfolio to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing via off-line and online mediums
- Facilitate introductions for our community members to experts and other folks that would benefit them
- Identify, create and foster meaningful relationships with people and organizations in the startup ecosystem
- Create and maintain intentional spaces for founders to meaningfully connect, ask questions, and share experiences
- 4+ years in a Community position, preferably in VC or accelerator/incubator space
- Experience working with entrepreneurs and senior leaders
- Posses hands-on proficiency and experience with many online tools for managing community, social media interactions, event production, and project management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to foster communication and cooperation among diverse individuals online and offline
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders at Expa; teamwork is essential to this role
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and motivated to experiment new strategies to build community while meeting deadlines and delivering at a high caliber
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail
- High EQ; able to build trust with the community