At Expa we’re dedicated to being the best place for entrepreneurs to create and build companies. Expa was founded in 2013 by Uber co-founder Garrett Camp to help bring great ideas to life. We’re builders, founders, and operators ourselves, know the struggles that come with starting a new company, and what it takes to succeed. We support entrepreneurs with more than just funding — we offer a valuable network, office space, and our advice and expertise.
We’re hiring a Head of Talent who will be responsible for running full-cycle recruiting for our portfolio. We are searching for a technical recruiter who ideally has agency and start-up recruiting experience under their belt - someone who loves the hustle and doing the hands-on work. The Head of Talent will work directly with founders in our portfolio to recruit for key roles, develop best practices, and set our companies up for success to hire a stellar team.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting into the Managing Director of the Accelerator. This person should be able to work independently without a lot of guidance, and be excited to get in the weeds sourcing, screening, and attending recruiting events.
Expa is a tight-knit, cross-functional team that avoids politics, moves quickly and supports one another. We are growing our team of like-minded individuals who share an ethos of empathy, service, and curiosity.
- Perform full-cycle recruitment, including sourcing and screening candidates, to making relevant introductions that convert to hires for key open roles at our early-stage companies
- Create strategies to build a talent pipeline and recruit for a variety of levels and industries. The more creative approach the better (ie: events, meetups, networking, etc.)
- Leverage the Expa network/relationships, external tools, and search agencies when needed
- Develop hiring best practices and advise founders about the recruiting cycle - from creating job descriptions and leveling/compensation bands through offer and negotiation
- Build strong partnerships with founders and key stakeholders at Expa portfolio companies to develop a strategy for current and future talent needs
- Develop a scalable process that meets the needs of our growing portfolio companies and successfully manage founder expectations
- >5 years of recruiting experience, either at a startup, in technical recruiting at a search firm, and/or in the talent function of a VC fund
- Experience sourcing candidates through multiple channels (web/social/professional networks etc.)
- Experience using creative approaches to build pipeline
- Experience with and excited to perform full cycle recruiting
- Experience sourcing and recruiting for multiple roles, companies, and industries simultaneously
- Experience with ATS systems (Greenhouse preferred)
- Detail-oriented with impeccable written and verbal communication skills