About the Role
Reserve is a digital concierge service focused on making every part of the dining experience better, for both restaurants and diners. Turning normal experiences into magic is at the core of what we do, from seamless reservations to the smoothest possible way to pay. Designing a perfect user experience is one of our highest priorities.
We launched recently, but are just getting started and there is a ton of valuable work to be done. We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our team and lead all product design for our company. This will include our apps, restaurant interfaces and website. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about telling product stories, design, and solving problems. Designers must have experience working across interaction, UI, and visual design.
This position is based out of our sunny Union Square offices in New York with fun, friendly coworkers.
- You have experience and enjoy leading other designers
- You understand what motivates designers and can balance direction and flexibility
- You understand how ownership and accountability work hand in hand and are eager to embrace both
- You are comfortable thinking through information architecture and use cases, as well as picking colors and adjusting type
- You love food and appreciate the subtleties of a great dining experience
- Manage, develop, and recruit for a small team of designers to produce world-class work
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering and user research to ensure a smooth product development process
- Design elegant flows and experiences across multiple media
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high caliber of quality
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid startup environment
- 5 years of experience designing and building products and features for mobile or desktop (native or web)
- 2 years of experience leading designers
- Strong portfolio with well-articulated examples of thoughtful interactions and clear visuals across mobile and/or web applications
- Experience in high-level product strategy
- Ability to empathize with different kinds of users
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
Bonus Points For
- Experience using prototyping tools such as Flinto, InVision, Pixate, FramerJS, etc.
- Experience running and consuming UX research
- Ability to work in increasing levels of fidelity
- Competitive salary which recognizes your talent, seniority and dedication
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Stocked kitchen and team lunches