Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties. Our success is rooted in our people, our high character reputation and our commitment to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We focus on team chemistry, collaboration, strong relationships, valuable networks, and ambitious ideas to deliver innovative solutions that keep our clients and agency ahead of the curve.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The primary responsibility of this position is to direct, design, and produce sponsorship proposals and sales collateral, with a focus on collaborating with Excel’s Properties team on major brand partnership opportunities across the sports and entertainment landscape. Excel is looking for a technically skilled AD who can direct production while also working seamlessly between Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign to produce compelling corporate assets that rise to meet our objective of being the premier sports agency in the world. You have a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates strict adherence to brand guidelines and corporate sensibilities. An interest in business and marketing is a plus. From direction to production, you’re able to quickly pivot between multiple projects that are simultaneously servicing many brands. You can demonstrate efficient workflows between coordinators, managers, and production. We are looking for a true team player with a love of collaboration and a passion for raising bar. You have 7+ years of professional design experience within a sports agency, major corporation, or similar larger organization. Successful candidates are highly creative and able to clearly articulate their approach, while being open to a variety of perspectives.
Education & Experience:
- Design related degree, or 7+ years of professional experience in creative direction and production
Art Director Essential Duties:
- Design sponsorship sales materials that create a compelling narrative for brands considering marquee partnership opportunities
- Aggregate industry trends and new creative technologies that are relevant to Excel Sports Management
- Work collaboratively within our marketing solutions team to manage a pipeline of creative requests
- Work with Excel Creative to deliver high-touch creative solutions and design concepts across all divisions
- Demonstrate a solutions-driven mentality, with the ability to navigate feedback from internal and external parties with poise
- Maintain clear communication and diplomacy under tight timelines
Art Director Essential Technical Skills:
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically PowerPoint and Google Slides
Art Director Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, as a valued member of the team
- Must have strong organization and prioritization skills, with an ability to manage expectations and exercise flexibility as needed
- Maintain a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement, with consistent attention to detail
- Previous experience in the sports and/or entertainment industries
- Must be able to operate with discretion and confidentiality across all projects
- Availability to work nights and weekends as needed
The pay range for this position is: $115,000- $125,000 per year. This position is also eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus.
Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Salary Transparency Law.
Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.