Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties. Our success is rooted in our people, our high character reputation and our commitment to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We focus on team chemistry, collaboration, strong relationships, valuable networks, and ambitious ideas to deliver innovative solutions that keep our clients and agency ahead of the curve.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The Excel Sports Management Communications team is looking for a passionate and energetic self-starter for the role of Social Media Coordinator. This person will support the Social Media Team (manager and director) and will also execute the day-to-day posting of social media content on the agency channels based on strategy and content calendars set by the Social Media Manager & Director. This includes writing copy, helping to develop and publish content, conducting research and monitoring trends, performing preliminary audits on client accounts and reporting on KPIs. The role will also support needs for client channels through research, ideation and posting sponsored content. The role reporters to Director, Social Media Strategy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Publish day-to-day content across agency channels including updating daily templates
- Update monthly content calendars for agency, including writing compelling caption, uploading creative and more
- Flag TikTok trends for clients to participate in
- Provide regular reports on social insights and analytics to measure KPIs and inform growth
- Monitor social media for trends and conversations to identify opportunities for agency and client account growth
- Brainstorm new content ideas for Excel and client social media platforms
- Engage community management efforts for Excel and clients
- Monitor daily social coverage of clients and agency to identify engagement opportunities
- Monitor and report on competitor channels
- All other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 1-2 years of direct experience in social content management and posting including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and TikTok
- Basic Photoshop skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Passionate about social media content and trends
- Experience creating engaging content to grow audiences
- Passion for Excel’s key sports, divisions and the sports landscape as a whole; interest in pop-culture and lifestyle trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated ability to write creative copy for social media; ability to write in different brand voices
- Familiarity with social media reporting tools; ability to develop reports and provide insights
- Excellent organizational skills, focus and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and balance short-term and long-term projects
- Experience with asset creation
- Ability to work outside working hours when needed
- Self-starter who can work on a small team in a dynamic organization
- Must be able to think strategically, creatively, and problem-solve
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask effectively in fast-paced environment
- Driven to increase industry knowledge and work to stay ahead of the curve
The pay range for this position is: $60,000- $62,500 per year and is overtime eligible. This position is also eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus.
Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Salary Transparency Law.
Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.