Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties. Our success is rooted in our people, our high character reputation and our commitment to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We focus on team chemistry, collaboration, strong relationships, valuable networks, and ambitious ideas to deliver innovative solutions that keep our clients and agency ahead of the curve.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ideate and lead daily content across agency and client channels
- Manage the creation of engaging graphics and videos from concept to completion.
- Lead and manage monthly content calendars for agency and client channels, including writing compelling captions that capture different brand voices as appropriate
- Work alongside Social Media Director and Social Media Coordinator to ensure each brand’s look and feel are represented across all content in both voice and imagery
- Act as point person for daily social media content suggestions and questions from agents and marketing managers
- Lead day-to-day client social strategy and execute on select client platforms
- Work with social media platform contacts on troubleshooting measures such as account hacks, lost passwords, verification, imposter accounts, etc.
- Oversee creative request and approval process with social media and creative teams.
- Brainstorm new content ideas for Excel and client social media platforms
- Lead community management efforts for Excel and clients, identifying opportunities to engage in relevant and timely social conversations
- Stay abreast of all relevant client, industry and technology developments
- All other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 4-6 years of direct experience in social content management and posting
- Advanced Photoshop and Premiere skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Passionate about social media content and trends
- Experience creating engaging content to grow audiences
- Passion for Excel’s key sports, divisions and the sports landscape as a whole; interest in pop-culture and lifestyle trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated ability to write creative copy for social media; ability to write in different brand voices
- Familiarity with social media reporting tools; ability to develop reports and provide insights
- Excellent organizational skills, focus and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and balance short-term and long-term projects
- Experience with asset creation
- Ability to work outside working hours when needed
- Self-starter who can work on a small team in a dynamic organization
- Must be able to think strategically, creatively, and problem-solve
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask effectively in fast-paced environment
- Driven to increase industry knowledge and work to stay ahead of the curve
The pay range for this position is: $75,000- $85,500 per year and is overtime eligible. This position is also eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus.
Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Salary Transparency Law.
Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.