Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties. Our success is rooted in our people, our high character reputation and our commitment to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We focus on team chemistry, collaboration, strong relationships, valuable networks, and ambitious ideas to deliver innovative solutions that keep our clients and agency ahead of the curve.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: Excel Sports Management is seeking an experienced sales executive to lead endorsement sales for Excel’s Media Talent clients, which include broadcasters, media personalities, influencers, and podcast brands. The Senior Manager, Media Talent Sales and Marketing will focus on generating revenue and marketing opportunities for our Media Talent clients, in addition to selling advertising inventory and brand partnerships across podcast and digital properties that Excel represents. The person in this role will be proactive, sales driven, detail-oriented, creative, energetic, personable and demonstrate a passion for the broadcast, entertainment and media industry. The individual will become a leading member of the Excel Media Talent team, as well as working cross-functionally and collaboratively in selling across all Excel assets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver Media Talent endorsement sales, including prospecting, outreach, pitching and closing deals.
- Directly generate revenue for Excel Media Talent, including local, national and global deals, in both endemic and non-endemic categories.
- Sell advertising across podcast and digital content inventory such as title sponsorships, podcast reads, and branded content.
- Work with the head of the group to create short and long-term goals and sales priorities for Media Talent practice, including significant coordination with agents and marketing managers.
- Own and call on an established set of key companies, media agencies, sports agencies and talent buyers, from which to cultivate ongoing business.
- Collaborate with agents, marketing managers, creative and public relations in delivering talent sales deals and across recruiting efforts.
- Creatively package and market talent utilizing effective storytelling and a solutions-oriented approach for brands.
- Work in a highly collaborative manner with other sales leaders as part of a team-oriented selling environment; sharing leads, ideas and opportunities to generate revenue across ESM’s sales portfolio.
- Be able to juggle and navigate the big and small - securing both the high-profile, multi-million dollar endorsements while also delivering trade agreements in local markets for key clients.
- Serve as a positive culture contributor within a fast-growing, high-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Responsible for office and client administration to include contract management, facilitating marketing/media related payment processes and managing collections as appropriate.
- Attends shoots, events and appearances with clients as needed.
- Communicates effectively and in a timely manner with clients, outside partners and relevant broadcast/media outlet executives.
- Interfaces with internal parties as it relates to various client opportunities and needs.
- Participates in strategic discussions and consistently and proactively develops ideas related to potential new media clients, brands and concepts.
- Supports all divisions with marketing materials and creative ideas.
- Ensures all materials and internal databases are up-to-date.
- Develops contacts throughout the industry.
- Contributes ideas for overall company growth.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Minimum 3-5 years in similar sales role(s), including direct experience selling talent and media advertising inventory.
- Established network of brand and agency buyers and senior decision-makers.
- Passion for sports media.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and networking skills, including ability to motivate and collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative fashion with peers and subordinates.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
The pay range for this position is: $90-$115K per year. This position is also eligible for benefits and Sales Incentive Plan/Bonus.
Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Salary Transparency Law.
Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.