Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties. Our success is rooted in our people, our high character reputation and our commitment to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We focus on team chemistry, collaboration, strong relationships, valuable networks, and ambitious ideas to deliver innovative solutions that keep our clients and agency ahead of the curve.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Our Associate program is a paid opportunity that allows participants to contribute to the organization’s success while at the same time applying learnings from the classroom. Excel follows a hybrid work schedule and will offer each participant the opportunity to gain in-office experience for approximately 3-days a week with the ability to work from home for the remainder.
All Associates are expected to work 24-30 hours a week during the session. While each Associate will be working with a specific division, they will have the opportunity to learn about other areas within Excel, through lunch and learns held throughout the semester.
Our Summer Program runs from Monday, June 5, 2023, on, or around Friday, September 1, 2023
- 9:00 am‐6:00 PM ET, Monday-Friday OR as agreed upon with advisor. Days in office must be coordinated with Advisor’s schedules.
Our Associates must:
- Be available to work 24-30 hours per week.
- Be available to report to the New York Location approximately 3-days a week.
- Be fully vaccinated as defined by the CDC.
- Have a senior standing in college (must have completed your junior year of undergrad)
- Be enrolled in a graduate school
- Have a bachelor’s or postgraduate degree.
- Selected candidates will be scheduled for an interview after the April 10th application cut-off date (or sooner).
- If selected, offers will be extended to candidates the week of April 24th
- The program will begin on June 5th with Orientation at 12:00PM ET.
Properties Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the Properties team in drafting company briefs for calls/meetings with decision makers.
- Prospects potential leads across the full Properties client portfolio.
- Reads daily trade news and sports outlets and compiles relevant articles for team review.
- Learns how to identify the right decision-makers and contact information at each targeted company.
- Will gain exposure to the commercial strategy of representing a property and successfully completing the sales process for various marquee sponsorship assets (i.e. NBA jersey patches, stadium naming rights, league partnerships [domestic & international] etc.)
- Will learn how to analyze sports industry trades to generate sales leads and highlight emerging trends in the sports sponsorship marketplace.
- Will gain a basic understanding of the agency-property relationship and the marketing solutions-sales relationship.
- Will understand how to position a property in a creative and novel way by developing outreach “hooks” that get the attention of decision-makers.
- Will learn from thought leaders in the property representation space on how to best position marquee assets through advanced storytelling and other presentation methods.
- Will gain a strong understanding of the sports sponsorship marketplace by staying up to date with recent deals, spending trends and industry news.
- Will learn how to collaborate with our property sales reps, creative services department, research/insights partners to develop sales collateral and materials required for the properties division.
- Will learn how to strategize ideas and platforms and to create a compelling narrative in sales materials.
- Will understand Marketing Solutions process and involvement throughout the sales cycle.
- Will review reports, proposals, and other documents to ensure sales materials are ready for the pitching stage.
- Will have full access to the Properties team for career advice and professional guidance.
- Will have access to the Excel team for industry advice and learnings.
- May occasionally be assigned projects outside the Properties group to gain exposure to other divisions within Excel.
The pay for this position is: $15.00 per hour. Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the California and New York City Salary Transparency Law.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.