Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties. Our success is rooted in our people, our high character reputation and our commitment to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We focus on team chemistry, collaboration, strong relationships, valuable networks, and ambitious ideas to deliver innovative solutions that keep our clients and agency ahead of the curve.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: This position will be instrumental in supporting the collective sales efforts for the corporate partnerships team, more specifically Basketball, Baseball, and Talent divisions. This position will be based in either our West Hollywood or New York office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates pre-meeting briefs with research and background on company, as well as a bio for each attendee;
- Proactively monitors industry and business trade news to identify:
- Viable companies and brands that may or may not be a fit for Excel talent, properties and brand marketing;
- Key emerging categories;
- Any other relevant industry news and trends;
- Manages the corporate partnership CRM with Salesforce:
- Organizes, updates and exports the sales pipelines from Salesforce in advance of the weekly calls;
- Communicates with members of the sales team to receive account updates;
- Provides weekly internal activity reports;
- Responsible for maintaining and entering client information into Excel’s intranet;
- Conducts day-to-day prospecting work for the sales team;
- Supports all sales efforts to include assisting with outreach;
- Develops strategic relationships in key areas;
- Identifies new clients and targets for the agency;
- Responsible for creating agendas, meeting recaps, disseminating pertinent information to the group and other administrative duties;
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- 1-2 years’ experience in Sports Marketing and/or Sales preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Understanding and interest in the sports sponsorship landscape, key industry players, market values and activation concepts;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences, both written and verbally;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment while maintaining a strong attention to detail;
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance;
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Extremely proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel;
- Basic proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat Pro preferred;
- Highly responsive and accessible;
- Ability to work both collaboratively as well as autonomously;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding interpersonal relationships.
The pay range for this position is: $58,500- $62,500 per year. This position is also eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus.
Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the California and New York City Salary Transparency Law.
Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.