Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties. Our success is rooted in our people, our high character reputation and our commitment to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We focus on team chemistry, collaboration, strong relationships, valuable networks, and ambitious ideas to deliver innovative solutions that keep our clients and agency ahead of the curve.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: Excel Sports Management is looking for an experienced Senior Event Manager to join Excel’s growing Speakers Division. This position will report into the Senior Vice President and Head of the Speakers Division, and will be based in either our West Hollywood, New York or Chicago office. We are seeking someone eager, detail-oriented and has a service mindset. This role will be responsible for coordination of in-person and virtual events, engaging with buyers and clients to build out event portfolios, data management of Speaker files and updating new buyer contacts after deals have been finalized.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Senior Vice President and Head of Speakers to service, coordinate and handle event details for confirmed bookings both in person and virtual.
- Responsible for creating templates that make processes more efficient, as well as building itineraries for each client and each engagement;
- Manages the speaking engagement experience in its entirety from the logistics side from start to finish.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- 7+ years of professional experience working in event industry.
- Agency and talent experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to build relationships, genuine connections and trust both internally and externally;
- Must be proactive and possess strong organization and prioritization skills;
- Must have knowledge of event logistics;
- A history of working with buyers and talent;
- Must have a high attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities;
- Must have a client- first mentality and commitment to excellence and continuous improvement;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel;
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in all the various modes (verbal, written, text, etc.);
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and a positive attitude;
- Must be results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values;
- Must have exceptional time-management skills and be able to execute tasks and responsibilities in an ever-changing environment;
- Must be able to operate with discretion and confidentiality;
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player internally and externally;
- Must be able to think creatively and innovatively.
The pay range for this position is: $100,000- $115,000 per year. This position is also eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus.
Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the California and New York City Salary Transparency Law.
Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.