Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties. Our success is rooted in our people, our high character reputation and our commitment to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We focus on team chemistry, collaboration, strong relationships, valuable networks, and ambitious ideas to deliver innovative solutions that keep our clients and agency ahead of the curve.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: Excel Sports Management is seeking an experienced executive to support Excel owned hospitality experiences and events, key clients, internal teams, and new business efforts. You are passionate about events, creative ideation, developing concepts, and executing with excellence. You are willing to get your hands dirty, are coachable, willing to learn, flexible, and multi-faceted. A self-starter who can work with a small team and communicate to larger teams is a critical quality. We expect the ideal candidate to be someone who impresses everyone around them with their work ethic and willingness to go above and beyond.
- Provide the day-to-day management of Excel owned hospitality events, develop and manage annual budgets, develop annual hosting calendar, work with key internal stakeholders on event goals and vision, develop and manage invitation process and business tracking, handle event planning start to finish for each experience, create post event recaps and reconcile budgets
- Support the day-to-day management of key clients’ strategy, sponsorship activation, hospitality and marketing initiatives
- Build and maintain positive client relationships that result in increased reliance upon Excel
- Interact daily with internal and external clients and all appropriate agencies/properties to support hospitality and event initiatives
- Develop ideas for engaging event branding, collateral and on-site materials
- Create planning tracking tools and on-site materials: rooming lists, confirmation documents, food and beverage schedule, transportation manifest, etc.
- Negotiate contracts, secure products and services based on clients needs
- Provide event portfolio analysis, identifying relevant opportunities that support strategic recommendations for the clients
- Manage the client-vendor relationships and coordinate necessary activation and leveraging deliverables on behalf of client
- Create event briefs, recaps, event itineraries and staff plans
- Plan client status calls including scheduling and preparing agendas or status documents
- Provide on-site leadership/management of hospitality events
- Support event ROI/measurement processes
- Build, update, manage, and reconcile budgets, along with providing client budget updates along each step of the process
- Manage internal resources and vendors to be accountable for delivering work to the highest standards
- Understand the businesses and industries of our clients and focus on creating the best opportunities for the brand and our business
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience planning and executing high-level corporate events and hospitality experiences, experience with sponsorship activation, sports marketing, or other relevant industry experience
- Agency experience preferred
- Experience working with a variety of vendor types: hotel, transportation, catering, production, etc.
- Experience managing day-to-day relationships with clients, agencies, and vendors
- Experience leading a team, managing projects, building budgets, leading clients
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehends and respects budgets, budget management and planning experience a plus
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to problem-solve independently and in groups
- Excellent time management, written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and client services skills
- Excellent technical/computer skills and presentation know-how
- Ability to multitask effectively in fast-paced environments
- Goal-oriented and results-driven
- Maintains composure under pressure
- Ability to interface with colleagues, senior executives, talent, and clients effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication style according to the audience
- Proactive and productive, recognizing opportunity and implementing procedures to achieve better job efficiencies
- Strives to increase industry knowledge, able to self-educate to be ahead of the curve
- Values truth, openness, and pursues excellence
- Has a strong sense of ownership – ensures goals are met and high level standards are upheld
- Has uncompromised ethics, integrity and discretion with company and client information
- Engages in internal activities (team building, events, off-sites, etc.) and embraces internal culture
- Ability to travel frequently and work nights, weekends and holidays
The pay range for this position is: $75,000- $85,000 per year. This position is also eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus.
Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Salary Transparency Law.
Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.