At Excelity, we're passionate about delivering innovative technology solutions that help businesses thrive. Whether you're looking to streamline your operations, improve efficiency, or enhance customer engagement, our team of experienced professionals is here to help. So why wait? Visit excelity.io today to learn more about how we can help you achieve your goals and take your business to the next level.
Excelity is seeking a Systems Administrator for a project responsible for building the next generation Collection Management Systems for an exciting Government customer with a very critical mission. The candidate will work with the engineering team and customer to ensure successful development of high profile, complex, technical deliverables that are core to the continued success of our award-winning projects.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Coordinate with network engineers to ensure the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems.
- Monitor and manage system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times, to maintain optimal operating efficiency.
- Perform systems security administration tasks, such as creating user profiles and accounts.
- Provide Tier 3 support for problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution.
- Configure operating systems to meet requirements.
- Perform additional system-related duties, including setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system-wide software, hardening applications/operating systems, and managing storage allocation.
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products for system compatibility.
- Make recommendations for hardware and software procurement, coordinate installations, and provide backup recovery solutions.
- Develop and enforce policies and standards for computing resource allocation.
- Requires applicable Bachelor's degree with 8 or more years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum 2 year of experience with systems administration, including Linux or CentOS
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to anticipate problems & take decisive action
- Experience maintaining applications built on a PostgreSQL or Oracle database.
- Experience writing scripts to monitor system services, resources, data mine logs, etc.
- Writing SQL and PL/SQL to generate system data reports, modify data as necessary, etc.
- Experience with Keytool and OpenSSL
- Familiarity w/troubleshooting Java & Oracle applications
- XML Proficiency
- DoD 8570 Compliant holding current IAT level II baseline certification (Security+ CE, GICSP, SSCP, etc.)
- Experience maintaining systems in cloud environments
- Experience working with Firewalls and AWS Security Groups
- Work in a SCIF is required, but hours are flexible
- Linux+ certification
- Current RHCSA/RHCE certification
- Current CI polygraph
- Microsoft MCSA
- VMware Certified Professional
- Knowledge of SQL Servers
Detailed Position Description: Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers. Monitors and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency. Performs systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles and accounts. Provides Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Configure operating systems. Other duties may include setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, applications/operating systems hardening, and allocating mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- 100% Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance plans with Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long and Short-term disability coverage
- Generous paid vacation and holiday time
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% Employer matching contributions
- Reimbursement for professional and training development
- Company-paid memberships to professional organizations