At Excelity, we're passionate about delivering innovative technology solutions that help businesses thrive. Whether you're looking to streamline your operations, improve efficiency, or enhance customer engagement, our team of experienced professionals is here to help. So why wait? Visit excelity.io today to learn more about how we can help you achieve your goals and take your business to the next level.
Excelity is seeking a Software Engineer Technical Specialist for a project responsible for building the next generation Collection Management Systems for an exciting Government customer with a very critical mission. The candidate will work with the engineering team and customer to ensure successful development of high profile, complex, technical deliverables that are core to the continued success of our award-winning projects.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug applications software and systems with a specialization in database and backend development.
- Model, document, and guide the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications.
- Collaborate with technical, applications, and operational teams to design optimal database architectures, including performance, accessibility, backup, and recovery plans.
- Analyze existing software and provide recommendations for enhancing database performance, stability, usability, and scalability.
- Perform logical and physical data modeling, design relational database models, and translate them into physical data models.
- Improve database and application performance by designing efficient database servers and interfaces.
- Develop stored procedures, functions, views, and check constraints to support software functionality.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine design feasibility within given time and cost constraints.
- Work closely with systems analysts, engineers, programmers, and other stakeholders to design systems and gather project requirements.
- Utilize scientific analysis and mathematical models to design, develop, and modify software systems, ensuring predicted outcomes and measuring design consequences.
- Coordinate software system installations and monitor equipment performance to ensure compliance with specifications.
- A Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of relevant experience OR a Master’s degree with 8 years of relevant experience OR a PhD with 6 years of relevant experience; an additional 4 years of experience maybe considered in lieu of a degree requirement.
- Experience in applying data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical data models
- Relational database experience
- 2+ years experience with AWS technologies including PostgreSQL and EC2
- Proficient in Oracle RDBMS, including 12c and 19c. Significant experience managing Oracle streams, text, multimedia, spatial
- Proficient with Oracle PL/SQL
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Apache Tomcat, Java, Elastic Search
- Experience with Linux (CENTOS, RHEL)
- Work in a SCIF is required, this position offers flexibility in terms of working hours and the possibility of a hybrid schedule.
- Experience using Git, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- 100% Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance plans with Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long and Short-term disability coverage
- Generous paid vacation and holiday time
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% Employer matching contributions
- Reimbursement for professional and training development
- Company-paid memberships to professional organizations