At Excelity, we're passionate about delivering innovative technology solutions that help businesses thrive. Whether you're looking to streamline your operations, improve efficiency, or enhance customer engagement, our team of experienced professionals is here to help. So why wait? Visit excelity.io today to learn more about how we can help you achieve your goals and take your business to the next level.
Excelity is seeking a Software Engineer Technical Specialist for a project responsible for building the next generation Collection Management Systems for an exciting Government customer with a very critical mission. The candidate will work with the engineering team and customer to ensure successful development of high profile, complex, technical deliverables that are core to the continued success of our award-winning projects.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Performs software engineering and development activities associated with supporting, maintaining, and enhancing software using an Agile DevSecOps model
- Develops and integrates bug fixes and new feature enhancements using DIA standard development tools and processes (e.g., Java, Jira, Git, Junit).
- A Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of relevant experience OR a Master’s degree with 8 years of relevant experience OR a PhD with 6 years of relevant experience; an additional 4 years of experience maybe considered in lieu of a degree requirement.
- AWS technologies: Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, EC2, S3, DynamoDB, DocumentDB,
- Work in a SCIF is required, this position offers flexibility in terms of working hours and the possibility of a hybrid schedule.
- Experience using Git, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence
Detailed Position Description: Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met. Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design. Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met. Requires Bachelor's degree in related field of study with 10 or more years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
The selected candidate should have experience with agile software methodology, and software engineering design best practices. The candidate will work within a cross-functional Scrum team, and will be responsible for developing software, participating in acceptance criteria development, creating scripts and utilizing Open Source and COTS tools to automate testing, documenting instructions, and participating in integration activities.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- 100% Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance plans with Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long and Short-term disability coverage
- Generous paid vacation and holiday time
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% Employer matching contributions
- Reimbursement for professional and training development
- Company-paid memberships to professional organizations