Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers. Monitors and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency. Performs systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles and accounts. Provides Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Configure operating systems. Other duties may include setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, applications/operating systems hardening, and allocating mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Requires applicable Bachelor's degree with 5 or more years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum 2 year of experience with systems administration, including Linux or CentOS
Must be a US Citizen
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to anticipate problems & take decisive action
- Experience maintaining applications built on a PostgreSQL or Oracle database.
- Experience writing scripts to monitor system services, resources, data mine logs, etc.
- Writing SQL and PL/SQL to generate system data reports, modify data as necessary, etc.
- Experience with Keytool and OpenSSL
- Familiarity w/troubleshooting Java & Oracle applications
- XML Proficiency
- DoD 8570 Compliant holding current IAT level II baseline certification (Security+ CE, GICSP, SSCP, etc.)
- Experience maintaining systems in cloud environments
- Experience working with Firewalls and AWS Security Groups
- Linux+ certification
- Current RHCSA/RHCE certification
- Current CI polygraph
- Microsoft MCSA
- VMware Certified Professional
- Knowledge of SQL Servers
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with ability to pass CI poly