Excelity is seeking an DevOps Systems Engineer for a project responsible for building the next generation Mission Information Systems for an exciting Government customer with a very critical mission. The candidate will work with the engineering team and customer to ensure successful development of high profile, complex, technical deliverables that are core to the continued success of our award-winning projects.
Position Description: The selected candidate will develop CI/CD build and deploy pipelines; integrate tools into the pipeline and manage debugging integration issues. In addition, candidate will help integrate with various tools for the DevOps process.
- Development of CI/CD Build and Deployment Pipelines
- Write/modify Jenkins-based groovy scripts
- Write/update CloudFormation scripts
- Troubleshoot pipeline issues across Jenkins and AWS Environments (Linux EC2, RDS, CloudFormation, ElasticSearch, etc…)
- Document key features for developer use
- Help write and maintain scripts for process improvements (ex: stage/unstage builds, branch tag automation, automating variance corrections across networks)
- Integrate tools into the pipeline
- Work with the development teams to bring in new microservices into the pipeline. Helping troubleshoot as necessary.
- Work through steps to automate installations of COTS products into the architecture
- Debugging integration issues
- Help identify issues in the deployment (i.e. potentially intermittent connectivity issues from an API Server to the Database)
- Monitor (and help develop scripts to monitor) the AWS services to ensure everything is functioning as necessary
- DevOps Tool Integration
- Help integrate with various tools for the DevOps process (SonarQube, Fortify, Jenkins, Robot Framework/Selenium, Artifactory, etc…)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field of study, and 10+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Experience with Linux Environments
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Bash and Python
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Git for Source Control
- Understanding and willingness to work in a DevSecOps oriented environment with an Infrastructure as Code mindset
- TS/ SCI CI Poly
- Active CompTIA Security+ CE Certification
- Basic understanding of an Object-Oriented Programming Language, preferably Java or Python
- Experience integrating Jenkins and Docker for automated CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with CloudFormation, Elasticsearch
- Basic understanding of Kubernetes or OpenShift Container Platform
- Active TS/SCI w/ CI polygraph