Excelity is seeking User Interface Engineer for a project responsible for building the next generation Mission Information Systems for an exciting Government customer with a very critical mission. The candidate will work with the engineering team and customer to ensure successful development of high profile, complex, technical deliverables that are core to the continued success of our award-winning projects.
Position Description: Requires a broad understanding of all the components of large consumer facing web applications. Participate in all phases of development from definition and design through implementation, unit test and deployment. User Interface design and development. Develop and execute tests to ensure quality releasable software. Participate in code reviews. Assist in defining structured practices especially in source code management, build and release management. Participate in usability reviews and lead improvements in front end design. Must be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering. Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks. Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders. Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback. Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study, with 5 or more years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Experience translating high level requirements into user interfaces.
- Experience in developing and executing testing
- Proficiency in Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Active TS/SCI and able to pass CI Polygraph
- Proficiency in Adobe XD is preferred
- Experience with DIA mission applications
- Experience with intelligence collection management applications
- Active TS/SCI w/ polygraph