Job Description: Excelity is seeking a Systems Engineer for a project responsible for building the next generation Mission Information Systems for an exciting Government customer with a very critical mission. The candidate will work with the engineering team and customer to ensure successful development of high profile, complex, technical deliverables that are core to the continued success of our award-winning projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: monitor system health, troubleshoot system problems, maintain storage systems, interface with other parts of the team for hardware, network, and infrastructure support, provide after-hours on-call/call-in support on a rotational basis, ensure system security requirements are satisfied, create/maintain system scripts, patch/upgrade system, and administer user accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree and 9+ years of relevant experience OR a Master’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience; an additional 4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement
- Experience with managing systems in AWS
- Experience managing and monitoring large clusters (>400 nodes) and containerized applications.
- Experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks, including those composed of (Linux-based hardware platforms), to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements.
- Demonstrated the ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as (example: Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc)
- Demonstrated work experience with (example: the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Strong Linux command line skills
- TS/SCI CI Poly (required to start; no exceptions)
- Active Security+CE certification
- Technical experience and knowledge of distributed storage networks, routing and application messaging frameworks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
- Experience with Splunk Dashboards
- Experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing operations and management networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment.
- Experience with NiFi, HA Proxy, Docker, Kubernetes, Spark, and Elastic Search
- Experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operations, and managing networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation processes
Security Clearance: TS/SCI w/ CI Poly