Position Description: Excelity is seeking a Cyber Software Engineer for a project responsible for building the next generation Mission Information Systems for an exciting Government customer with a very critical mission. The candidate will work with the engineering team and customer to ensure successful development of high profile, complex, technical deliverables that are core to the continued success of our award-winning projects.
The selected candidate should have experience with agile software methodology, and software engineering design best practices. The candidate will work within a cross-functional Scrum team, and will be responsible for developing software, participating in acceptance criteria development, creating scripts and utilizing Open Source and COTS tools to automate testing, documenting instructions, and participating in integration activities.
- Performs software engineering and development activities associated with supporting, maintaining, and enhancing software using an Agile DevSecOps model
- Develops and integrates bug fixes and new feature enhancements using DIA standard development tools and processes (e.g., Java, Jira, Git, Junit).
- Identifies and integrates DIA and IC shared services (e.g., IC PKI and IAA)
- Designs and develops APIs and data access services for data feeds, and integrates microservices using the API gateway to enable enterprise access to data
- Supports trade studies/analyses of alternatives and assessments of potential technologies that may be applicable to the system, and provides recommendations
- A Bachelor’s degree with 9+ years of relevant experience OR a Master’s degree with 7 years of relevant experience OR a PhD with 4 years of relevant experience; an additional 4 years of experience maybe considered in lieu of a degree requirement
- Java, Spring/Spring Boot
- Software Automation and DevSecOps experience
- Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL experience
- Experience with Immuta
- Experience with SymmetricDS or JumpMind
- Python API development or machine learning experience