Excelity is seeking a Systems Architect for a project responsible for building the next generation Mission Information Systems for an exciting Government customer with a very critical mission. The candidate will work with the engineering team and customer to ensure successful development of high profile, complex, technical deliverables that are core to the continued success of our award-winning projects. You will be expected to lead the design, build, authorization, implementation, and integration of a cloud native cross domain system to transport large volumes of data in a wide array of formats from unclassified network domains to multiple classified network domains in our Herndon, VA office:
- Lead and supervise an engineering team to review and refine prototype designs for a Cross Domain project
- Plan and assign software development taskings to ensure timely development all required software components for the acceptance, parsing, and validation of all requirement document types
- Enforce full unit testing coverage for all developed software code as well as elimination of all scan-detectable code defects, bugs, code smells and code vulnerabilities by the software engineering team members
- Work with software, security and cloud engineering teams to ensure cloud environments are planned and configured to support filtering and sanitization operations of the CN-CDSS across all domains
- Ensure full automation of system builds and deployment across domains through appropriate DevSecOps processes making use of US government provided tools and commercially available resources
- Oversee the System Security Engineer and System Security Officer to ensure timely development of risk management body of evidence artifacts in support of the Risk Management Framework, implementation of controls, assessment preparedness and proactive elimination of vulnerabilities that might impede final authorization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or a related technical discipline with 14 years of directly related hands-on experience OR a Master’s degree with 12 years of relevant experience OR A PhD with 9 years of experience; an additional 4 years of relevant experience maybe considered in lieu of a degree requirement
- Minimum 10 years hands-on experience designing secure systems that are interoperable across DoD and with domestic and international mission partners in accordance with the DoD Identity, Credentials, and Access Management (ICAM) Strategy.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing concepts and fundamentals (serverless, scalability, high availability, and durability).
- Strong familiarity with AuthZ, AuthN, and Public Key Infrastructure techniques and concepts.
- Ability to work alongside multiple project teams to ensure consistent and uniform security implementation across both on-premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Experience utilizing modeling languages (UML) and/or modeling software (Visio, Enterprise Architect, etc) to diagram enterprise system architecture, data flows, and networking-level system components.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience architecting and implementing advanced network solutions - CIDR and sub-netting (IPv4 and IPv6), VPNs, etc.
- AWS Certified Security Specialty or AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
- Experience with Python, or Java
- TS//SCI w/ CI Poly