Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support tens of thousands of owners across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way. Come join our fast-paced growth-stage culture, while enjoying the support of a well funded company - we’ve raised over $235M in investment capital from world-class investors like Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Allen & Company.
Why This Role
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join a fun and energetic Accounting Team. The right individual is highly analytical and thorough, has excellent Excel skills, is comfortable analyzing data files, and is interested in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The Staff Accountant must be a self-starter who will bring their experience and best practices to improve controls and efficiency and ensure accurate timely transaction processing for this dynamic company. If you enjoy solving data puzzles and are curious about new ways to make our systems and processes more efficient, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Participate in the close process including completion of journal entries, flux analysis, reconciliations, and financial reporting
- Perform detailed and timely account reconciliations for areas of responsibility
- Assist in implementing processes to optimize data integrity and process improvements
- Analyze data, typically to support financial transactions or data from the general ledger system, to identify and interpret patterns or trends in data sets
- Assist with cross-functional and accounting projects
- Develop and maintain process and controls documentation for areas of responsibility
- Ability to meet constant stream of deadlines
- Assist in annual external audit
What makes you a great fit
- 2+ years of experience as a Staff Accountant
- Accounting degree, preferred
- CPA and/or public accounting audit experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of and comfort level US GAAP and technical accounting
- Robust Excel skills and familiarity with accounting software/systems
- Team player with positive attitude
- Customer-service mindset
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, critical thinking, and a positive attitude
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively to meet constant stream of deadlines
- Sage Intacct experience a plus
For this role our salary range is $54,000 to $62,000, depending on relevant experience.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.